GO!

How many dogs do you have?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  
The Urban- Hounds- (Formerly- the

Every dog must- have his day.

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '07 8:11am PST 
I have 4 dogs (plus 3 cats) which is certainly a lot and other then on dogster and through soem acquaintenances I dont know anyone who has as many dogs as me. I plan to add a fifth dog and maybe someday a sixth if we live in the country and have a lot of space. My husband and I have the money to care for them all really well. They have all been to puppy kindergarden and go on lots of walks and go to the vet twice a year at least. I could never go back to having just one or two dogs again, I love living with a pack its just so much more fun! We dont have kids and we dont want any because I like the dogs to be my main focus. Lots of people I know really think that I am NUTS Im just wondering who out there has lots of dogs like me and why do yuo have so many?
[notify]
Zeke

I can definatly- fit in your lap!

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '07 8:18am PST 
just one dog right now! But I will have another one by the end of the year too cloud 9 We also have one cat. I actually know people with six dogs, and someone was telling me about this person I work with.....supposedly she had "ten" toy and miniature poodle" I think thats waaaaay too many if it's true...makes me a worried that they are getting enough attention.........confused

My dream would be three to four dogs, and one to two cats. oh and a horse. BOL!
[notify]
The Urban- Hounds- (Formerly- the

Every dog must- have his day.

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '07 8:27am PST 
I do think with 10 its difficult to give them individual attention. I dont have any trouble giving individual attention with the guys we have know. I think as my cats get old and pass on I probably wont get anymore or will just have one cat because its hard for them to get the attention with all the dogs. I would love a horse or some farm animals but that will probably never happen. I think my limit for pets would be 7 dogs If I had all the money in the world and one cat and maybe one horse.
[notify]

Tango

just a goofy boy

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '07 9:04am PST 
I have 2 right now.. I have had 3 at times.

I don't want more than that.. I like to travel ( d0gless..like on cruises and DisneyWorld and stuff) and my human kids are busy and in a bunch of activities and it wouldn't be reasonable to have more than 2 or 3.
[notify]
Tango

just a goofy boy

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '07 9:06am PST 
Oh and I have 1 cat and this is probably "it" for cats. I love my cat to bits but I will feel no need to get another when he is gone... we also have a hamster ( last one) and a guinea pig... down from a high of 3 dogs 1 cat 2 gerbils, 1 hamster and a guinea pig.
[notify]
Mellow

IF you can- catch- me....

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '07 9:28am PST 
I have three right now, never intended to have more than one, but....here we are. I got Mellow first, thought he would do better with a pal during the day while I was at work and I wanted another Husky so I got Caelen, then took Lainie in as a foster and fell in love with her so I kept her. We have Lainie's brother coming here to be fostered next week, and if he fits in well with the other three, we'll most likely keep him. That's gotta be my limit though for now, no space for more, I plan to look for a house with a larger yard next spring, and if I find one I would love to foster one or two at a time for our local shelter. And yeah, everyone outside of Dogster thinks I'm nutsbig grin
[notify]
Cinnamon Grrrl

The Little Bad- Wolf

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '07 9:54am PST 
One. I would probably have two, but a condition of our adoption contract for Cinnamon was that she be the "only dog"--she does not exactly "play well with others"! big grin
[notify]
Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '07 10:05am PST 
I have nine right now. shock

But 6 are foster puppies. wink
Levi

A doggie treat- cures all ills

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '07 10:29am PST 
We have 5 wonderful dogs, a american bulldog, and APBT, an APBT/Weimeriner , and two border collies. Basically every one in our home has a dog and takes care of his own dog which gives everyone alot of attention. My son is in theMarines so we are taking care of his border collie until he has a place off base, and we all take turns loving her.
[notify]
Levi

A doggie treat- cures all ills

Barked: Sun Oct 21, '07 10:32am PST 
Mellow, willyour rescue allow you to adopt a sibling. We just went through that with our rescue. I fostered 2 beautiful APBT puppies, We adopted Levi, but when it cam to Emma there was a rule agianst it. You should check with the rescue you foster for and make sure they are all onboard. It was heartbreaking for us to see Emma leave to another home.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11