GO!

Taste of the Wild -- anyone tried it yet?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  
Meridian

Proud to be a- kitchen wolf!!!

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '07 10:23am PST 
Hi guys! Has anyone tried that new grain free food, Taste of the Wild?

What do you think so far? Tasty? Seems to be working health-wise? A good price? What are your favorite flavors? I've heard the packaging is really sturdy -- any truth to the hype?
[notify]
Gunner

All legs and no- tail

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '07 12:05pm PST 
We haven't tried it yet, but I'd like to get some. I know Diamond has had some issues in the past, but I don't think they are a bad company. Maybe Taste of the Wild will be their turn around This food looks really good. I'm waiting on some feedback before I try it, though.
[notify]
Cookie

Your Never Too- Big To Be A Lap- Dog

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '07 12:09pm PST 
We tried a bag of Pacific Stream. My dogs loved the taste. None of them had any problems while eating the food. The bag is made like the Solid Gold bags. Very strong and probably even water proof.
[notify]

Gunner

I solemnly swear- that I am up to- no good

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '07 12:14pm PST 
i always see the bags at our local pet club. The ingredients look real good, but I'm switching Gunner to raw so it would be inconvienent to buy a bag smile
[notify]
Belle

Short legs, long- body, huge- heart.

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '07 12:59pm PST 
i haven't seen it around boise yet...
[notify]
CH Vinnie

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '07 1:53pm PST 
I got samples of all flavors and my puppies really liked it. I put them all down to see which flavor they liked best and they seemed to like the wetlands best and the fish one least.
[notify]
Duchess

Save a- Life:- Adopt!

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '07 2:13pm PST 
Duchess hasn't been fed Taste of the Wild (she lives with my parents and that food isn't available where they live), but I am currently feeding it to my two cats, who love it! They used to eat Wellness but the only place that sold it in my town stopped carrying it, and now they sell Taste of the Wild in its place. It's affordable and I like the ingredients. My cats have been on it a month and are doing great! I have seen no changes in their appearance (still have shiny fur, minimal shedding, etc) since switching them off Wellness.

Edited by author Thu Oct 18, '07 2:14pm PST

Tessa- Sue~*In- loving- memory*~

Gone. But the- ledgend lives on

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '07 2:54pm PST 
I got samples of all of the taste of the wild foods. The dogs love it, so far I have just spilt a sample of the wetlands formula with them. I got the cat formula and my ferret loves it!
[notify]
Abby

*snort* rub my- belly! *snort*

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '07 3:45pm PST 
Did anyone else think the feeding guidelines were high for a grain-free food? Of course many companies overjudge the amount, but these just seem a little high.

Does anyone know prices or locations? I called the number after hours expecting to just have to punch my zip code in, but apparently you have to actually talk to someone?
[notify]
Zeus

The ledgend- lives on.

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '07 4:42pm PST 
Abby- Awhile ago I called there to find locations where they sold it. Instead of giving me a straight answer, they wanted me to leave a voicemail for one of their reps, and connnected me to his voicemail. I didn't leave one because I didn't want to be hounded by reps for the rest of forever.

We were thinking about trying the Pacific Stream, but I think we've decided to go the way of the TWO Ocean Blue instead. I just personally feel more comfortable with the company.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6