GO!

Help me choose between 3 food brands.

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Dexter

Stop littering - spay and neuter!

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '07 4:16pm PST 
I am currently eating Nutro Max small bites right now. I say "eating", but really, I don't like it very much and I just pick at it. Mom has a kennel near our house that sells Innova, Nature's Logic, and Solid Gold. I need something that has little bites since I don't do too well at crunching big stuff.

What do you guys recommend between the three brands? I could stand to gain a little weight. One of the things Mom likes about the Nutro is that my #2 is very small and easy to clean up, so that is a big bonus (since I'm not as well potty trained as Mom wants me to be)!

Thanks everyone. puppy
[notify]
Harley - RIP

Burger Queen

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '07 4:24pm PST 
Of the three I'd go with Innova and then Solid Gold. The Nature's Logic makes me nervous, personally. However, there are others that might love it.
[notify]
Otis

Can you say- CHAMPION?

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '07 5:06pm PST 
I'd go with Innova Small Bitsbig grin We are on friday getting Innova Large Breed puppy for Otis...We think you should go with Innova...big grinGood Luckway to go
[notify]

Heidi

I poop,- therefore I am.

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '07 5:08pm PST 
I have no experience with Solid Gold or Nature's Logic, but have been really happy with Innova. I currently feed the regular (in the green bag) and it appears to be delicious, additionally there is not too much of it coming out the back end, which is always super. The kibbles are also nice and small, which you might enjoy. Good luck with your choice!
ETA: good gracious, they make Innova in even smaller bits than the regular?

Edited by author Sun Sep 30, '07 5:09pm PST

[notify]
Firefly

Lighting up my- mom's heart....

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '07 5:35pm PST 
I've been really happy with my Innova EVO, Firefly loves Innova canned foods, but between the dry foods, Firefly picks Solid Gold each time I do a "taste test" with her four foods: Merrick's, Canidae, EVO, and Solid Gold.

If you are interested in Solid Gold, they have a special small dog kibble called Just a Wee Bit, which I have heard is good. I feed BatM(Barking at the Moon) which has a medium sized kibble, but for you, I'd recommend JaWB.

I have experience with Innova, but their product EVO is pawesome, and Firefly loves it, and they make a Red Meat Small Bites formula. Perfect size for a tiny dog!!!Grain-free too!

I have no experience with the other...Sorry.

Edited by author Sun Sep 30, '07 5:37pm PST

[notify]
Little Bit

Happiness is a- slow squirrel!

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '07 5:59pm PST 
Hi Dexter! I have not tried the Innova or Solid Gold dry but love their canned foods. I was eating Nutro Max and just would not gain weight. Mom switched our pack to Canidae, which is similar in quality to these 2 brands, and I am now a normal healthy weight. You will find that when you switch from Nutro to either brand, you will not have to eat as much because there is a big jump in quality in the foods. Nutro has a lot of fillers that your body just does not use or need, the other 2 are full of good stuff to keep ya healthy!
Good Luck! wavewave
[notify]
Chip

I'm a stud

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '07 6:01pm PST 
Innova and Solid Gold are both really good foods... Solid Gold is more cutsie with more options... I mean if you want to get down to the nitty gritty, Innova dry dog food has 3 different proteins. In my opinion, dogs benefit most from a single protein such as all chicken, all turkey, all lamb, all salmon, etc...Solid Gold products tend to have all one protein, but it isn't necessarily the main ingredient (which, I think, is crucial)... as far as solid gold goes I would reccomend: Hund-n-Flocken Adult, Mmilennia Beef and Barley Adult, and Just a Wee Bit Adult...

Remember to add water to the food, this not only softens the food, releases aromas, and creates a yummy gravy, but it expands the food to its limit and prevents expansion in the stomach causing distress! P-mail me with questions!!
[notify]
Dexter

Stop littering - spay and neuter!

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '07 8:18pm PST 
Wow guys, thank you so much! I should know that Dogster dogs are the smartest. cheer

Thanks for all the help - I'll have to see what Mom decides on. It sounds like Solid Gold might be the one for me. Hopefully the kennel will let us take a taste test! Yum! puppy

Edited by author Sun Sep 30, '07 8:18pm PST

[notify]
Rosebud- "Rosie"

Sit down already- so I can- snuggle!

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '07 10:05pm PST 
I eat Innova and I LOVE it cheer My brothers used to eat it but one has allergies so he's on allergy food and the other has liver disease so my momma cooks for him. Mom says Solid Gold is good food too, she buys us some of their jerkey treats.
[notify]
Belle

Short legs, long- body, huge- heart.

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '07 12:51am PST 
i vote innova.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3