GO!

Repeat attack by BB gun

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Barney-R.I.P

R.I.P my gorgous- boy

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 2:01am PST 
I am so mad right now I'm tempted to go kill the kids myself!

Yesterday I was in town doing a bit of shopping an as per usual barney was at my side. It became lunch time so after grabbing a bite to eat I whent at sat down to eat peacefully. After a minute or so I heard a small bang sort of noise and then barney yelped. I looked down and saw a small red ball and new from experince it was a BB, so I looked about and saw nothing.
I bcame quite bugged and then it happend again the same sound the same yelp only this time I heard laughing and I looked up and in the tree was two kids, both with BB guns.

They then shot barney again twice as I got up and went over. I began shouting at them (not using the best language but can you blame me?). Then the mother finally comes over and wants to know why i'm swearing at her kids, so I explained to the story and do you know what she said,"Oh sorry well you should have moved then, you was probarlley in thier way".

Someone came over and had thankfully dialed the police for me who didn't come till nearly half an hour later. Once the police came I discribed what had happend and all the police could do was make a report and conviscate the guns as the law is you have to be 16 or over to have them.

I am going to charge the women the vet bill, barney had not serious injury but he can't walk all that well it's brused and very sore for him. I wish the law would let me do more but because they are youths I can't charge them with animal cruelty. silenced
[notify]
Daisy - R.I.P.

Good Morning- Beautiful.

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 2:27am PST 
You can.... it's called ANIMAL ABUSE
[notify]
Barney-R.I.P

R.I.P my gorgous- boy

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 2:58am PST 
I talked to the police they were the ones who said I can't, I don't know who I can speak with to get justice for this. I'll try giving the R.S.P.C.A a call thinking maybe they will know.

Barney is currently enjoying himself though all the neighbors and friends have bought him chews and toys though I feel so awful for him his leg looks quite sore and swollen. cry
[notify]

Vincent

for Rio - CYSTS BE GONE!!

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 4:44am PST 
Poor Barney. Did the vet xray him? Those pellets can get in pretty deep. I hope he's feeling better soon!
[notify]
Jazzy

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 5:06am PST 
actually I think you could have probably taken it to another level. in all honesty they were "pointing" the BB gun toward you and your pup. even though the laws arent were we pet lovers want them to be we have to use what he can to our advantage. so technically, they "assaulted" you get my drift. if your pup was sitting next to you when it happened that BB could have hit you {wink}

bol...
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 6:08am PST 
I thought that in the UK that they were pretty strict about this king of thing and you should be able to prosecute them!

Poor Barney hug
[notify]
Buddy

Can I have a- cookie?

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 6:24am PST 
Stupid kids.
I agree with the poster who said you should try the "they were firing at me" angle. let them prove they weren't.

That mother should be beaten as well. It's people like her who give the rest of us parents trying to teach our children respect for all life a bad name. "You should have moved..."??? WTF!!!! She's a complete imbecile!

Poor Barney.hug for a speedy recovery.
[notify]
Barney-R.I.P

R.I.P my gorgous- boy

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 8:01am PST 
Thanks guys for teh support, no need for x-rays none thankfully went in by just hit his body hard (if you pull his fur back you can see small purple marks). I have talked to the r.s.p.c.a people and they are going to be sending someone around monday as they defintly belive there can be justice for this.

Rose-So did I but I guess police are still unsure of this new laws and haven't been informed properally I guess they feel animals arn't thier problem. silenced
[notify]
RIP Brute

Got food?

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 8:17am PST 
Barney,

I am so sorry about what happened! My mommy got very upset when she read this. She was breathing so hard she started panting kinda like me! laugh out loud Good luck and I hope justice is served (even if your mom has to open a can of whoop a$$.) BOL
[notify]
Bucca

Love me!

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 10:03am PST 
If that happened to me, you can guarentee I would be arrested for child abuse, because I would have beat the children within an inch of their life! And the mother is no better...those kids are going to grow up to shoot up a school or something someday, and the parents will claim they didn't see it coming...

This situation is the perfect example why I do not really like kids...
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5