Anyone caught one? What to do?

Miki

I have to lick- you to get to- know you!

Barked: Thu Sep 27, '07 5:16pm PST 
So I caught a live squirrel the other day. Mom was riding her bike with my bro on a leash on one side of her, me on the other. I saw the squirrel, broke free of the leash (cheap plastic) and went after him. I chased him from under a parked car, right into my mom, her bike and my bro. It tried to jump into a bush, but I caught it, mid-air. Mom dumped the bike, and caught me, even while she was trying to keep my brother from grabbing the other end of the squirrel. Then she ordered me to "drop it" and I did (much to her surprise).

The squirrel slowly ran/limped away, probably with a broken back. His sibling climbed above the tree above us and squawked loudly. Sadly, there was no one else around so Mom couldn't check out if the little guy was going to live or not. She had her hands full keeping me and my brother from going after it.

Any advice, for Mom, if this happens again? thinking
Sophie

Did someone say - SQUIRREL???

Barked: Thu Sep 27, '07 8:11pm PST 
Chomp down harder next time you get a squirrel in your mouth! laugh out loud
Sasha

Love Dog

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 6:45am PST 
I caught a chipmunk once ( well twice dad droped it and i picked it back up )big laugh

Maggie

Stairs!- Squirrels!- Birds! Hooray!

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '07 9:16am PST 
I've caught 2 squirrels. Both died and I didn't know what to do with them. I got one into the house and hid under the bed with it. My mom was not happy with me.

I'm not sure what my mommy would have done if they were still alive, though. shrug