Sad Day Today

Wea-sha-noki- sh

Barked: Mon Sep 17, '07 10:56pm PST 
Today we lost our oldest baby who had to be put down. Hubby was against it till I told him to not be so selfish. Our Pookachisk was old. His papers showed a younger age than we and the vet believed him to be. We were told about a year and a bit, the papers said 1 1/2 but teeth were all dark, loose and icky. No matter, we loved him dearly and will miss him for a long time. We have his first daughter Wea-sha-nokish (Weesh) so we will have a part of him. She is due to have her babies next week. So he will live on in a way. He was so teeny tiny and got so weak and skinny. It was too hard to watch and I knew it was time. I cried as I made the appointment and on the ride there and back. We are going to bury him next to where we have one of our others buried. I hope there is a doggie heaven and he is happily spinning in circles, something he had not done for a long time. frown
Koby

Sock stealer.

Barked: Tue Sep 25, '07 4:19pm PST 
I am so sorry you had to put your baby down. I have been through that and it is a struggle to know what is right and what your heart says. I know he will live on in his puppies which is a wonderful honor. Koby's Mom (Judie)
Parker

Barked: Wed Sep 26, '07 12:18pm PST 
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Of course, there's a doggie heaven! And I hear there's a doggie door! You might check out the Rainbow Bridge web site. It was a huge help to me when I sent my first Maltese Miss Mia to the bridge and a year later my 24 year old Arabian best-friend-in-horse -suit Tiki!
Remember the good times and puppy kisses......