GO!

what breeds have you been mistaken for?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 58: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Cali

CRAZY Cali!

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '07 4:22pm PST 
Mom always laughs at what people think I am. No one ever guesses that I'm a GSP, except other GSP owners. I've been called a Brittany, Springer Spaniel, Dalmatian, and Weimaraner. Mom just laughs it off, but I wish people knew I was a German Shorthaired Pointer! big grin

What breeds have you been mistaken for?
[notify]
Venninne

kisses, kisses,- kisses, kisses,- kisses!!

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '07 4:31pm PST 
The strata council tried to tell mommy she had to sell her house or get rid of me because I was a Pittie Puppy.

I am a pure bred ADULT Rat Terrier.eek
[notify]
Poitash

My Friend

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '07 4:31pm PST 
Most think I am an Alaskan Husky.

Close but no cigar!! I am Golden/Siberian cross!!
[notify]

Cruiser

Goofy Pup

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '07 4:37pm PST 
Dalmatian! I HATE being called that! Don't get me wrong, my mommy and I think Dalmatians are beautiful dogs, but just because a dog has spots doesn't automatically make it a Dalmatian! When I was smaller, people asked if I was a Catahoula a lot, which I don't mind because at least they ARE gray with black spots (some of them).
[notify]
Athena

50% dane, 50%- lab, 100%- trouble!

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '07 4:37pm PST 
I have had people (INCLUDING many Dogsters) say Athena's a Catahoula. I don't blame them, she looks like one! My problem is that many times after I say "Nope, half black lab half great dane actually" sometimes they ARGUE with me!

"Well a Catahoula musta snuck in there cuz she's no lab dane!"

SUUUUUURE she isn't.... BOL!

And no one EVER knows what Harley is! "A rhode island WHAT back?!?!?" LOL!
[notify]
Nick, CGC, WETX

I like wet, fowl- smelling things

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '07 4:38pm PST 
It depends on the last time I had a haircut but it's usually a Portguese Water Dog ( I would be the biggest in the world if that were true) or a Newfoundland ( I would be the smallest in the world if that were true), bol!
[notify]
Cruiser

Goofy Pup

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '07 4:45pm PST 
Athena: Most people I have run into down here have never even HEARD of a Catahoula! The merles are beautiful though! I think one day I would like to get a female, a miniature version of Cruiser!
[notify]
Amos

Can't hold his- licker

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '07 5:27pm PST 
Black lab - almost 100% of the time that's what people think. laugh out loud
[notify]
Bosley

Will Work For- Food

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '07 5:37pm PST 
Australian Shepard, St.Bernard cross, Border Collie cross, and the funniest - when Bosley was a puppy someone asked me if he was a Husky. Mostly people just ask "what kind of dog is that?" and when I answer "a Bernese Mountain Dog", they just stare at me like I just made that name up, especially when I only had Maggie, and they were positive she was some type of cross breed. Now that I have 2, people always ask me if they are related, and then they say "you sure have your hands full" which is annoying, but that is for another thread.
[notify]
Shadow

Cat Corraler

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '07 5:41pm PST 
Alot of people mistake me for an Aussie or a Sheltie! shock
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 58: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]