GO!

Heeler Pregnancy

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Percy left- us on- 11-12-07 Mis

I am the- Princess

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '07 1:19pm PST 
I have one question my dog Percy is due to have her pups any day and she is not that big and it worries me the vet said she is ok and that is normal for some dogs to be bigger than other's but I would like another owner's thinks on this as this is her first liter and mine thank you for your time
shrug
[notify]
olivia

Bow down to the- Queen!

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '07 1:41pm PST 
It could be that she isnt going to have that many or they are still up in her ribs and havnt dropped yet.

Ok i have a question for you.... Why are you allowing her to have puppies when she is only a year old? That is way too young for a dog to be having puppies. Especially for a larger breed dog. There is no way that your dog has had all of the propery health testing yet. Im not sure if you aware or not but there are already enough unwanted and most of the time unhealthy pups born everyday. Why would you want to contribute to that?Im not trying to be mean or sound rude , but it bothers me when people try to breed there dog and abviously know nothing about breeding.
Im not the only one that will feel this way, so dont be surprised if others have opinions like this.
[notify]
Percy left- us on- 11-12-07 Mis

I am the- Princess

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '07 1:48pm PST 
Oh no I complety understand on what you are saying about the over population and this litter was not planed at all but she has been to the vet for check ups and she is fine just wanted another person's thoughts she has dropped and only has five pups and they all already have homes and she will be getting spayed as soon as she can and thank you for your time and thoughts ! big grin
[notify]

olivia

Bow down to the- Queen!

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '07 2:16pm PST 
Oh thank goodness. Like i said im sorry if i sound rude. You see i help do alot of fostering and rescuing dogs. So it really breks my heart when people breed there dog for no reason with no knowledge on breeding or health screening. I applaud you for taking her to the vet and wanting to spay her after.applause
Alot of times the puppies will stay up in the ribs and wont drop into the stomach until a few days or so. Then go right into the birth canal. Good luck and hope all goes well.
[notify]
Daisy - R.I.P.

Good Morning- Beautiful.

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '07 5:14pm PST 
So why wasn't either of your dogs spayed or neutered before this happened? Was this a planned litter?
[notify]
Nallah

*Retrieva Diva!*

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '07 6:22pm PST 
Percy-

Glad to hear you are getting spayed after this litter...it significantly drops your risks for cancers!

I wouldn't worry too much about how "big" she is....it all depends on how many are in there, how big of a dog she is, how far into the pregnancy she really is, and since its her first litter she may only have a few pups...(I think you said five...) Im not sure how big these pups are when they are born but they might still be up further and maybe she hasn't dropped them down yet to start the delivery process. Good Luck! Glad to hear these cuties all have homes too! applause
[notify]
Shadow

Cat Corraler

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '07 6:29pm PST 
I am glad you are planning to get her spayed, but she doesn't really look like a Blue Heeler. shrug
[notify]
Peppered- Jelly Belly- Bean, NPC

Bean Alert!

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '07 6:32pm PST 
Hey, she could be almost 2 years old pups, remember, dogster shows the age at the last birthday, so for example up until today I was "1" year old, but today I turned 2, now I show that I am 2 years old on my page, but yesterday I was "1". Soooo if she is almost 2, she may not be as young as it seems when you look at the age.

Congrats sweetie on your litter, glad you are getting spayed after, being a pawrent is a lot of work, and really tolls on a dawgs body.
[notify]
Dylan- Maverick,- FUNC

Troopy is my- hero!

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '07 6:39pm PST 
I agree with Jelly Bean. Let's not jump all over Percy's Mom here. Accidents happen sometimes - let's give her the benefit of the doubt It sounds very much like she's trying to be responsible by having her dog thoroughly checked by a vet. Remember - Dogster does not allow pack mentality.

Good luck with the litter! If the vet says she's fine, then don't worry yourself about it. hug

Edited by author Sun Sep 2, '07 6:40pm PST

[notify]
The LabraMutts

Justy, Homer- (angel) &- Bobbi-Girl

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '07 6:58pm PST 
Best wishes for Mama & the pups wishes

Shadow,
She does look like a blue heeler, maybe not one you've seen before, but markings & even some color variation is common.

Edited by author Sun Sep 2, '07 7:00pm PST

[notify]
(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5