GO!

Taste Of The Wild

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  
Cookie

Your Never Too- Big To Be A Lap- Dog

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '07 8:29pm PST 
Has anyone tried this food yet? I was given a pamplet at the Saddle Rack feed store where I have been buying Canidae. They don't have any yet but are supposed to be getting some.

Taste Of The Wild
[notify]
Winnie

Anything you can- do I can do- cuter!

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '07 8:32pm PST 
I've never heard of it, but I took at look at the ingredients. It seems like a great food! I'd buy this over Canidae anyday.
[notify]
Zeus

The ledgend- lives on.

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '07 8:36pm PST 
Wowza! Where can I buy this stuff?! dancing

You bet your buttons I'm going to try the Pacific Stream Canine Formula for Zeus, and the High Prairie for Grace!

Thanks for mentioning this food! It looks WONDERFUL! cloud 9

Edited by author Fri Aug 31, '07 8:38pm PST

[notify]

Cookie

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '07 8:37pm PST 
I am glad it is going to be available where I buy our food. Since moving to TN I have had a really hard time finding good quality food, treats, toys, etc.

One thing I was curious about was egg product?
[notify]
Zeus

The ledgend- lives on.

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '07 8:43pm PST 
Wait just a minute...does Diamond make this food? When I went to search it, it gave me a site for Diamond, that made it look like they made this food. thinking

Quite honestly, I don't know about the egg product. Let me see what I can find.
[notify]
Cookie

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '07 8:56pm PST 
I don't see anything on the pamplet I have that says Diamond. It says Taste of the Wild and the Taste of the Wild Symbol are trademarks of Schell and Kampete, Inc. All rights reserved.

Is Diamond a bad company? I have seen their foods and I don't care for the ingredients so I have never bought it.
[notify]
Zeus

The ledgend- lives on.

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '07 9:06pm PST 
It is a less than reputable company, imo.

They've had their fair share of problems in the past. That's one thing I know for sure. I don't think I'd ever feed my dog a food made by Diamond. Even if it looked this good.

On my quick little AOL Search, what popped up when I typed in "Taste of the Wild dog food" was this:

Taste of the Wild : Home
Taste of the Wild. A grain-free diet. Unique Animal Protein Sources; No Corn, No Soy, ... 2007 Taste of the Wild Pet Food. All Rights Reserved. ...
staging.diamondpet.com/

If you go to the website and look, you'll see it's set up a lot like the Taste of the Wild Home Page. It has my eyebrow raised, that's for sure.

I think, like most things, on the egg product, it's okay in moderation. I wouldn't worry about that aspect of it much.
[notify]
Cookie

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '07 9:37pm PST 
So this new food may not be so good after all frown
[notify]
Moxie

Vertically- challenged hound- dog

Barked: Sat Sep 1, '07 1:13am PST 
I emailed the company, BOL, I'll let you know what they say when they respond...
[notify]
Bella Luna

Calm and pretty - what's not to- love?!

Barked: Sat Sep 1, '07 10:06am PST 
If you go to the contact pages for both Taste of the Wild Pet Foods and the diamondpet.com websites, you'll see that both companies have the identical address, P.O. Box 156, Meta, MO.

I guess that settles that.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15