Swimmies!

Bunny

I love my D

Barked: Tue Jul 31, '07 10:00am PST 
Bunny, our second Belgian Sheepdog loves to swim and she's great at it. She might not have all of the skills and enthusiasm that the Labs in my life have, but there's no doubt, she loves to swim. Unauthorized swimmies (with a quick return to the house to shake water all over) are not uncommon.

Our first Groenendael initially had feline feelings about water. We eventually coached her into being an avid swimmer also, but it took a couple of months.

Are Belgian's naturally averse to water?
Gerald

Who Farted?

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '07 1:55pm PST 
I HATE the water! Don't try to put me in, don't spray me. I will give you the stink eye big time! If I am in the tub, don't turn your back on me for a second. I will jump out, run all over the house, and shake off when I am right by your electronics. Then I will laugh at you.
Sadie- KCGCDS(G)

Talking- Agility- Owner

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '07 1:59pm PST 
ooo I just love swimming and seen as I fell in the canal aged 5 months old and went under you would think that would have put me off - it did for a while but I overcame my fear as soon as mum threw a ball in - I just HAD to go get it before some other pup didbig laughbig laughbig laughbig laugh

Nicky

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 11:31am PST 
I am just learning about water. We went to the river beach near home and I'm just not sure about the little waves. The Lab out there looked at me like I was crazy for not running through the water but I don't care.