GO!

housetraining

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

oscar

oskiee

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '07 5:48pm PST 
we have a 9 month old cocker spaniel blue roan.
he can be outside for hours and come in and go on floor..any help will be appreciated or he will have to be a fulltime outside dog..
please help me i am heartbroken because I dont wanna get rid of him..

thanks
oscar
[notify]
Putter- 6/9/95 - 2/9/07

Little Dog- Big Personality!

Barked: Sun Jul 22, '07 9:00pm PST 
Hi!
I'm not an expert but I have found with my two 6 month old Bich/Poos that we had to create an area within the backyard where we put them when we wanted them to "do their duty" We would take them out, tell them to "do their duty" over and over and when they did, they get lots and lots of praise from us. It helped us immensely. They know if we let them out in the yard, they can play, when we take them to that area they have to get down to business.
It really worked for us in training them.

I've also heard that Cocker's are much harder to train. We had one when I was growing up and he was also harder to train than any other dog.

Good Luck to you, Stick with it and keep a watchful eye when Oscar's out so you can give praise. I hope all goes well for you and Oscar. way to go
[notify]