GO!

You just know when the time is right.

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bess

So, where's my- belly rub?

Barked: Wed Jun 27, '07 4:24pm PST 
Hi, i'm new here and have a young puppy. Before her I had my best friend Buddy. Buddy was my friend for 18 years, I got him when I was 1 year old. I spent my whole life with him and had gone through everything. I knew when he became 12 that I would have to say goodbye soon but never knew when the time was right. In his 18th year we woke up one morning and he looked at me and I just knew.
It was weird I just knew that it was the day he wanted to go. I knew that it was the right thing to do because if he could have he would have lived forever right by my side.
So for everyone that wants to know when is the right time, you will just know, trust me.
[notify]
Joey

Spotted noses- are the next new- trend...

Barked: Fri Jun 29, '07 12:16pm PST 
Bess-applause

What you say is 100% true.hug
[notify]
Cherokee- Forever- Loved Cherry

Our Precious- Angel Cherry

Barked: Fri Jun 29, '07 9:15pm PST 
Yes you do know when it is time.

Glad you had so many years with Buddy! hug
[notify]

JESS, in- loving- memory

my very pretty- girl

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '07 7:49am PST 
YES WE AGREE ,hug hug hug hug hug hug
[notify]
henry- (2000-2007)

our beloved best- friend

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '07 9:27am PST 
I feel like I know right now that my Henry needs to go. He is at the hospital and they plan to do exploratory surgery on Monday to see if they can find what is wrong.

He is not responding to treatment. When he looked at me today I felt that he is already gone.

Please offer any advice, and you can read the long post about him in dog health if you want ("rapidly deteriorating health").
[notify]
Oscar- (Wilde)- Martin- 1994-2007

hey- get me a- puperoni while- you're up

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '07 5:08am PST 
I agree with all of the above, I think they do let us know. On Oscar's last morning, he refused his favorite snack. and he could normally eat 24/7. the day before tho, he was wagging and relatively happy.

when we made the tough decision to take him to the vet, he also let us know there. usually we have to hold him on the table, he wants to scramble off of it and get outta there! this time he just laid down and put his head on his paws...
[notify]
arthur

swimmy swimmy- swim

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '07 9:29am PST 
i agree, you can see it in their eyes
[notify]
Stormer

Stormer - beloved and- missed

Barked: Wed Jul 4, '07 12:45am PST 
You do know. But it doesn't stop you from wanting to be told that you are wrong. And it doesn't stop you from wondering after if things would have improved given just a little more time. Intellectually, you can support your decision. Unfortunately, your heart's grieving is not susceptible to logical argument.
cry
[notify]
Latte

Fetchaholic

Barked: Wed Jul 4, '07 6:50pm PST 
Everyone is so right. It is hard for us to put in words in the same way they cannot put it in words. You just know.

My Lance was the first dog to whom I had to say good-bye. My other dogs left in their sleep or while I as away in college. Lance told me with eyes filled with love with a hint of pleading.

It was time.
[notify]
Zoe

Pistol Pak'n- Pete and her- big, big pants

Barked: Thu Jul 12, '07 10:00pm PST 
That is just what I am struggling with right now. Zoe was diagnosed toady with massive cancer. We could operate, but it is such a crapshoot. So now we have decided that we are going to have her be with her big brother Sooke, we just need to know what day. Never wanted to pick the day for my dog to die!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2