GO!

Where Did Your Name Come From?

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  
Sirius- Padfoot- Black

Too clever for- Mom's own good!- :)

Barked: Tue Jun 12, '07 8:02am PST 
Every so often, somedoggy will tell me they like my name, which is pretty obviously from the Harry Potter series. I've seen some doggies with some very cool names that aren't as obvious as to their source, and I'm curious. Mom says I'm "Mr. Curious", about everything! But what I'm curious about right now is how some of you Dogsters got your names. Got a good name story? Woof it out!!

Siri
[notify]
Harley- Gunter

Harley

Barked: Tue Jun 12, '07 11:37am PST 
Well Igot named after a moterbike, Harley Davidson.
My mom has a thing for them.
[notify]
Hershey

I'm sticking my- tongue out at- you!

Barked: Tue Jun 12, '07 11:41am PST 
Mommy and daddy took almost a week to name me. At first they were going to name me "Kita" because Im atleast 1/2 Akita (everyone thought I was full blood til I was almost a year). Then, one day, mommy and daddy were driving down the beach by where we live talking about my name b/c nothing really felt right. Mommy said, the only other name I can really think of is Hershey. Daddy said, "yeah, I like that". They got home and asked me what I thought....yes, they asked my opinion. I had refused to answer to Kita before. Well, I answered to Hershey immediately, and have never not answered to it...I like it. They didn't really have to teach me my name.
[notify]

Harley, SD,- CGC, TDI

Super Service- Boy!

Barked: Tue Jun 12, '07 11:46am PST 
When they brought me home, mommy took pictures of me to work (she was a teacher) and asked people what they thought my name should be. The common responses were Bear and Chewbaca or Chewy, for short. Mommy kinda of liked Chewbaca but said she didn't want to inspire a behavioral trait. Then, they went to an air show where she saw the name "Sirius" on an airplane and she really liked that name, but it just didn't really fit me, and I didn't like either. She also thought about Curtis Lowe (you know....from the Skynyrd song), but mommy said that's more of a hound dogs name. Then, one day she was in the yard taking me potty and she looked back at the front pourch of the house where Grace sat. Grace is Daddy's Harley Davidson Heritage Softail. She said, "Harley, that's it Harley". I barked. Daddy said, "that's perfect". Like Hershey, they didn't have to teach me my name, I liked it and have always answered to it.
[notify]
Tikka

This is me- ignoring you!

Barked: Tue Jun 12, '07 12:06pm PST 
Hi, Sirius wavewave

I've been thinking of posting this exact same question, cause I've seen some cool names since I've been on dogster!

My daddy gets to name everything, he's the creative one, mom's the analytical one. He has named all our foster kitties, furever kitties, the two vehicles (Bo-Bo and Suzie-Q), and the sun shield thingy that goes in the car window (Jakavoh, pronounced "ya-ka-vo").

Mom wanted to name me "Shiba" but the vet tech said "You can't name a Shiba Inu "Shiba" she has to have a real name!"

So dad got the honors and named me Tikka - after the high-quality Finnish shotgun made by Beretta and branded in Italy. I think it was a hint that he wants one! laugh out loud
[notify]
Ruffian

Newest Project- "Sprinkles"

Barked: Tue Jun 12, '07 12:27pm PST 
My mama just thought Ruffian was a cute name because she likes pirates (there were alwayas called ruffians in the old movies) and then she could call me Ruffy for short! big grin
[notify]
Sirius- Padfoot- Black

Barked: Tue Jun 12, '07 12:36pm PST 
Whoa, Harley! That's amazing, cause Mom (a diehard Star Wars fan) refrained from naming me Chewbacca, too, for the same reason!! Then she went to Sirius, but we stopped there!! BOL!!!

So you're named after a shotgun, Tikka? That's neat!!

I like Ruffian, and my mom likes pirates, highwaymen, and all that stuff, too! High Adventure!!

Siri
[notify]
Sirius- Padfoot- Black

Barked: Tue Jun 12, '07 12:40pm PST 
Didn't mean to miss you guys, either, Hershey and the first Harley. Hershey, I thought maybe your mom was just a chocolaholic!! smile

That's a good bike to be named after, too, Harley!

Siri
[notify]
Bonzer

I'm a good boy!

Barked: Tue Jun 12, '07 2:05pm PST 
Hi Siri- My name comes from a word that means terrific in Australia. When my mom and dad visited Australia it was their favorite word to say and my birth mom is an Australian shepherd. Sometimes they call me Bonzerrific which means terrific-rrific! (I think.) cloud 9
[notify]
Dakota

Forever in my- heart: LaBichita- and Lil C

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '07 1:34am PST 
Well I have my name because mommy is fan of Dakota Fanningdancingcheer
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10