GO!

Any rescued Shealties or Shealties mixes?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

~RIP~Scrapy- Do. I miss- you

toys... I don't- need no stinking- toys

Barked: Wed May 16, '07 7:27pm PST 
I am a Sheltie, but i and my litter mates were bough tby a reputable breeder cause she felt bad for us we were puppy mill puppies. But we wereeligable for registartion so i have papers. (not that that would ever matter to my mom) But to give u an idea of my not so savy breeding and genetics. Iam a 50 pound sheltie thats twice what the hight and weight says (AKC standards). My mommie had just movedout of her parents house and her brothers would not let her take my uncle Laddie (a collie). She wanted one but ther trailer was to small for a bigh dog, so she wanted a mini collie so to speak. lol and she got me i have been with her ever since which is 7 years. I have a little arthritis due to being hit in my shoulder by a car. My mommie say i am the most l;oyal dog she has ever had or mwet and i have 3 brothers.
[notify]
Ginger

snow bunny

Barked: Thu May 17, '07 8:52am PST 
hi gingeer here...
i is a recuded sheltie and so is my broder noah and sister tessa....we lives on a big farm wid horses and cats......we all hab different stories but we really likes our foreber home wid my mom and dad...dey lets us go out to da barn and play wid the horses...
i is almost 11 years old and am on a continueous diet but i did notice dat dad is given me a liddle more food lately....
noah is blind and he was abandoned and he is da younges of all of us...
tessa was really the worse shape when she gots here...she ended up loosen all but two of her toofs....
well gots to go... i hope you likes ur home....
ur friend
gingeerdog
[notify]
Alex

Scratch my- butt!!

Barked: Fri Jul 27, '07 9:26am PST 
HI, Im Alex.. I used to be called Tippy but my new mom and dad gave me a better people name. They rescued me from the pound in april. I dont remember much from before but someone had burned me and had been mean to me. They didnt take care of my coat either so the people at the pound shaved it all off, I felt horrible and I looked like a sick coyote.
Now Im loved and am part of a family( I have a papillon brother named Sunny too) My coat is growing back and I am not so skinny anymore.
[notify]

Oreo

Yes, I'm- conjoined to my- mom's hip!

Barked: Tue Jul 31, '07 11:42pm PST 
Me me! *raises paw*
I'm a "rescue" sheltie big grin

The reason I use ""'s is because as a puppy I had a home but almost 3 years later the family gave me back to my breeder to be re-homed and here I am now dancing I'll be 6 years old this coming November but I've always had white "old man" hairs on my nose since I was 3 years old! shock My calm personality makes people think I'm in my double digits or related to Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh, but I'm such a lovable cuddle dog that it's amazing that anyone who've I've ever warmed up to could ever live without me! cloud 9
[notify]
Maddie

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '07 6:13am PST 
I be Maddie, I cums frm da Shelpie rescue. I be bery hapy to hav my nu moms, de luv me bery much eben if I am getin oldr (so r dey! ) laugh out loud
[notify]
Dixie - Memorial

~ Life is Good ~

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '07 9:42am PST 
I'm a rescue too! My mom saw me on petfinder and had to have me. I'm a spoiled and much loved Sheltie but I'm still very unsocialable and very shy with men... especially my daddy. But I got a new brother that plays with dad so it's all good now. Only now I have to share mom with Jake.
[notify]
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '07 4:39pm PST 
I'm a shelter Sheltie mix. I'm pretty sure I have Pappillon as well. I'm the best dog my mistress has had so far!big grin
[notify]