Coolies for dogs

"Saint"- Missy- *Rainbow- Bridge*

How about a- belly rub??

Barked: Wed May 16, '07 10:02am PST 
I just ordered a cooling bed from ebay. I also found some cooling bandanas too. Place called "MuttMart"

Hopefully Missy will lay on the cool bed in the yard rather than dig up my flowers to lay in the dirt!

Hey, a girl can dream...
Bailey

Where's the fan?

Barked: Fri May 25, '07 10:58am PST 
Missy didgs up your garden?! Uh oh!! Bailey doesn't do anything like that...thank goodness! But I don't let him out in the yard alone because we do not have a fence. Heaven only knows what mischief he might get into otherwise.
He chewed up Daddy's dress shoes not too long ago.... we were shocked as we thought he was long past that phase and he has plenty of chew toys etc to chew on!
Bella

I'm not fat, I'm- fluffy

Barked: Sat May 26, '07 8:38pm PST 
Hey Missy, have you gotten your coolie bed yet? I'm curious to hear what it's like. My mommy may get me one if you really like yours!

Bailey

Where's the fan?

Barked: Sat Jun 2, '07 8:26am PST 
Yeah we wanna hear all about this cooling bed...
"Saint"- Missy- *Rainbow- Bridge*

How about a- belly rub??

Barked: Mon Jun 4, '07 9:01am PST 
The coolie bed did arrive and was promptly filled up with water. I sat on it, my husband sat on it - we both agreed that it was indeed cool.
Missy has spent considerable time on it (20 minutes total) in the past few weeks. It lives in our garage - where she likes to sit in the shade. Mostly it serves as a place where her unfinished chew chew bones are placed so they don't get rained on. She grabs them and promptly places them all back all over the yard. And the cycle continues. So we know she knows where it is and she will hang out on it if I sit on it with her, but overall not worth the $50.

Missy's yard is fenced. She has a hidey hole so she can bark at the neighbor's dog.

She has not however, dug up any more flowers. Maybe worth the $50 anyway...puppy
Dolly

I'm spoiled but- not rotten!

Barked: Mon Jun 18, '07 7:14pm PST 
I read about cooling beds that don't have water in them. They are made of a material that pulls the heat away from the dog? If anyone has ever used these or something similar please let me know how you like them! I hate to spend money on stuff that is only a gimmick!

We also saw some cooling vests at Drs Foster and Smith. Anyone tried those?