GO!

Do I Look Like A Maltese Or A Bichon Frise? Mix??

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Benji

WEE HEE

Barked: Wed May 2, '07 7:50am PST 
We got Benji from *sigh* Petland. We did not know at the moment that it was a puppymill incorporated place.

We payed $2000 for him and we would like to know if he is a pure maltese or not.

My hair gets slightly curly after a bath and i weigh 9 lbs im about 1 1/2 years old. the groomers said that i might be a bichon or a mix but you never know so....

Edited by author Wed May 2, '07 7:53am PST

[notify]
Benji

WEE HEE

Barked: Wed May 2, '07 7:51am PST 
and the pictures on my profile are kinda old......we are trying to get an updated picture of him he looks kinda like that still but his hair is shorter b/c he got a "summer cut"
[notify]
Benji

WEE HEE

Barked: Wed May 2, '07 12:45pm PST 
Please Help cry
[notify]

Pixie Gibb

Princess- Pixie...queen of- the house.

Barked: Fri May 4, '07 1:12pm PST 
He's kind of big to be a maltese. I'll bet he's a Maltichon (maltese/bichon mix). I'm shopping for one of those now. He's just adorable! You want to just grab him and give him a big smooooooch!
[notify]
Ambroxya- Christmas

Proud of my 2- mommies!

Barked: Fri May 4, '07 2:11pm PST 
Well mami bought me from Petland! I'm all Maltese! You look Maltese to me... I don't think the fact that you're a lil bigger than most Maltese is an indication that you're not all Maltese... I met a boy Malt. who weight almost 10 pounds and Mami read in the paper about a 12 pound Malt. Some of us are just a lil bigger than others. For example... I'm 7 pounds and my baby brother Jadon is only 2 pounds... If in doubt, you can always talk to your vet about checking that out. Either way! You're just adorable!!!
[notify]
Benji

WEE HEE

Barked: Sat May 5, '07 5:30pm PST 
Thanks Guys wink
[notify]
Polo

Polo come

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '07 1:17pm PST 
hi benji...

mommy bought me from internet classified ad, so i might be from petland too...who knows...they claim i'm a full maltese & will be 5-6lbs full grown...but i'm fully grown at 12lbs...sometimes mommy wonders if i'm a 'maltese' since i have very fluffy hair & it curls after bath...but mommy loves me no matter what i am...

she asked the vet too if i'm full maltese...he just said all dna's for maltese, bichon etc are very similar so u can't really distinguish between them... shrug
[notify]
Gus

He's just a boy!

Barked: Thu Jun 21, '07 10:48am PST 
You look like a Maltese to me. My mom is a ttouch practitioner and dog trainer and is working with a bunch of them at a breeders. Some weigh only 2lbs., others 12 or more. I think it depends on the breeder and the bloodlines. I am a Maltese Pomeranian.
Maltese hair will also kink up a bit if not dried properly. Any way you slice it, you are gorgeous!snoopy
[notify]
Mitzy

I'm a lover

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '07 7:00pm PST 
Hi Benji, It's Mitzy here. You're very cute either way. I'm a maltese and I have to tell you. In some of your photos, we could be twins! I'm very fluffy and people tell me all the time that I'm sooo soft. I bet you are too. I'm 5 months old now and I weigh almost 6 pounds. My grandma says maybe I get too many treats. (I don't think so!) My momma Zoe was about 5 pounds but my daddy Zeke is about ten pounds. So who knows? Maybe I'll be somewhere in between.
[notify]
Francie Rose

Cutie Pie

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '07 6:03pm PST 
Well, you sure do look like a Maltese to me! There are many pet Maltese who weigh more than the average for the breed---some can go as high as 12 - 15 pounds and it doesn't mean they are a mix, just the larger end of the breed. One thing about the bigger ones is that they seem to be a lot healthier! I looked closely at your photos and your fur is straight like a Maltese, not as curly and coarse like a Bichon. I wouldn't worry about anything---you are adorable and it's the personality and and how much you are loved that is the most important.

Love, Francie XOXO
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2