GO!

Feeding

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Maxx

Gentle Giant,- Clumsy Maxxi

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '07 3:05am PST 
Hello There!!
I was just wondering what do you feed your huskies? Maxx is on home cooked food - (boiled beef with carrots and potatoes)but i would like to start him on dry dog food. Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.
[notify]
Sabre

Bossman

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '07 6:33pm PST 
Our three boys have been Purina Dog Chow/Puppy Chow dogs since their beginnings with us along with baby carrots as treats. After speaking with our vet the other day she said that Purina Dog Chow along with Science Diet are the two best and most nutricient products out there. They get a cup in the morning and a cup at night and are fully grown.

I've read that many are doing raw feeding but, as a half-my-lifetime vegetarian-I personally have a problem with that. I absolutely respect those who chose that way of course.

Best Wishes,

iris and the boys
[notify]
Chewie

Choo-Choo Magoo

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '07 7:31pm PST 
We are eating Natural Balance Duck and Potato. Chewie is picky and Booker has a sensitive stomach and this food has been working for both dogs (and hasn't been recalled!).
[notify]

Aspen

You will obey- me!

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '07 8:37pm PST 
Yay! That's what I eat too, Chewie. I had all sorts of upset tummies, til my Momma FINALLY started me on this potato and duck stuff from Natural Balance. However, I would have to say - if what you are eatin' right now doesn't upset yer tummy and is doing good for you, I wouldn't change it unless absolutely necessary. wink
[notify]
Vance CGC

You kids g'off- my lawn!

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '07 8:53pm PST 
Pretty much all raw, at the moment.

Why go homecooked to dry, out of curiosity? Most people do it the other way around, especially since the recall. Honestly, "real" food is probably way, way better for you.

Do some research on Hills and Purina. You'll be surprised what you find out.

http://www.dogfoodproject.com is a good place for anyone to start looking into dry dog food.

Edited by author Fri Apr 27, '07 9:04pm PST

[notify]
Sammy

I love and miss- you Dutchess

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '07 10:16pm PST 
I eat Life's Abundance. www.healthypetnet.com. Check out the video on the front page of the site. Good stuff!
[notify]
Tundra

snow angel

Barked: Sat Apr 28, '07 6:08am PST 
I have to agree with Vance, I mean not too often will you hear someone say they want to cut back on the healthy food! If your looking for an easier alternative there are frozen raw diets on the market, or dehydrated ones such as NRG.
Hills funds veterinary schools and offers great incentive for selling their product (which was recalled). I would never feed this or dog chow which is full of by products, fillers, chemical preservatives, colours and flavours.
I'm eating solid gold wolf king, mixed with canned and mom is in the process of trying to convert me to a raw diet because even the best kibble is still too over-processed .
[notify]
Luc

Please vote for- me!

Barked: Sun May 6, '07 4:01pm PST 
i'm on Innova Evo. my mom asked my vet if she can just feed me steaks on a daily basis before she discovered Evo, but she was told not to even go there on accounta she doesn't know a thing about proper nutrition for dogs.
[notify]
♣Koda&- clubs;

I can tell that- we are gonna be- friends!

Barked: Sun May 6, '07 9:58pm PST 
Raw Diet here. Newbie and loving it. smile If you check out the nutrition forum on the main page there is a lot of information about good kibble brands. Though, I personally don't feel safe with any dog food anymore...scares me!frown
[notify]
Loki

Big Baby Boy

Barked: Mon May 7, '07 8:04am PST 
We're eating Timberwolf Organics Elk formula and really like it. It's super-calorie-rich for us "normal" dogs so we get a lot less than the bag says.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3