GO!

Scared!!

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Mr.Chester =]©

True New- yorker,100%- boricua baby :]

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '07 6:35pm PST 
My mommy is getting a new pomeranian and I think she may forget about me! cry NOOO!! I luv my mommi! please give me some advice!
[notify]
Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '07 8:24am PST 
The trick is to ignore a bit the new dog and pay attention to the older one and with time you share the attention to both of them. The new one need to learn the home routine and that you were there first and that he need to share with you otherwise he won't get anything.
Don't forget to proper introduce them in a neutral place so you can expect them to get along better together.
[notify]
Rocky

Rocks, Young- Man, Toots,

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '07 8:51am PST 
I think you will get even MORE loving. Both from mom and from your new brother or sister. Just think of the fun you can have. You can show them all the tricks, especially the ones you play on Mom. You will love it!
[notify]

Josie - CGC

California Girl

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '07 3:09pm PST 
Well, you might take them on a long walk together before ever bringing the new dog into the house. Or at least like was said above, introduce them in a quiet place neither of them have ever been (the car doesn't count).

Also, make sure the new puppy knows the rules of the home so your house-dogs don't try and correct her. She doesn't get the full run of the house until she's potty trained, doesn't get to jump up on the couch or your lap until you invite her. Avoid feeding the dogs in the same spot until you know how they'll react to each other. Don't let anyone steal food from another dog.

If you have problems with fighting, make sure they both know that's bad manners. They don't get to choose the puppy, YOU get the choose the puppy. If you're really in charge, they'll listen to what you say and welcome the new puppy into the family as long as the puppy listens to you.

But also, expect some bumps.
[notify]