GO!

Natural Balance product removed from shelves

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  
Ein

Ahhh, the Tale- of my Tail!

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '07 2:52pm PST 
This in from Itchmo:

"Natural Balance Pulling Venison Dry Dog Formula

Itchmo has confirmed an email from Natural Balance that they are removing two products from sale:

* Venison and Brown Rice Dry Dog Formula
* Venison and Green Pea Dry Dog Formula

This products do not contain wheat gluten. No deaths or serious illnesses have been reported and no recall warning has been issued. The warning applies only to products sold in the last week, according to Natural Balance.

Please know that at this time we are removing this product from the shelves, as we have had some phone calls indicating gastric upset after eating this formula. At this time, we are unsure if this could just be a particular batch problem, or simply customers switching diets too fast. However, in the meantime while we are looking further into this matter, we are not recommending to feed this formula, and are suggesting to feed our Potato and Duck or Sweet Potato and Fish Dry Dog Formula."

THIS seems like a more responsible company! Bravo!
[notify]
Abby

Feelin' groovy!

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '07 3:05pm PST 
I can't find any information about this ... I checked their website, googled it, etc. Do you have anything in addition to the email? I eat Natural Balance Ultra, and have a bag that I've been working on for about three weeks, so it should be fine, but Mom and I definitely would be interested in more information if you can point us in the right direction.
[notify]
♥- Sasha Baby- ♥

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '07 3:06pm PST 
It sounds like I am going to be putting this Brand in my dogs diet!
they care more for the animales than for profit! Good going Dick Van Patten!!
Thanks Ein for the update

Edited by author Sun Apr 15, '07 3:08pm PST

[notify]

Penny

I didn't do it!

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '07 3:14pm PST 
Really? Penny doesn't eat those but she's eating Duck and Potato right now. I'm worried now b/c as of today, she didn't finish her kibble! She left some on the bowl...

Edited by author Sun Apr 15, '07 3:15pm PST

[notify]
Rocky (In- Loving- Memory)

Rocky aka rocket- dog

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '07 3:15pm PST 
We eat that! Uh oh....

Could you verify this for me? Are you sure?
[notify]
Beast SmH,- KoR1, RFTS

Kiss me, I'm- German!

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '07 3:18pm PST 
Could it be that people are just hypersensitive about reporting gastrointestinal upset since the recall mess? NB doesn't have any wheat in it, so there's no way I can see that it would be linked to the current recalled products.
[notify]
Latte

Fetchaholic

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '07 4:51pm PST 
Yeah, I have a good feeling about Natural Balance so I'll continue to feed the rolls (as a Kong stuffer) until I hear something different.

It sounds like they'd rather error on the side of caution. Good for them. applause
[notify]
Cooper

be the person- your dog thinks- you are

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '07 4:53pm PST 
http://www.itchmo.com/read/natural-balance-pulling-venison-dry-dog-f ormula_200
[notify]
Delta

I love water!!

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '07 5:03pm PST 
when I see it on natural balance i'll believe it. I don't think it's because of any contamination maybe someone put too much of one the ingredients in the batch, it can happen and they thought nothing of it.
[notify]
Chaz

To Know Me is to- Love Me

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '07 5:11pm PST 
My sister and I were eating Natural Balance venison and brown rice in February and had no problems with it but we have been back to duck and potato which will will continue to eat.

I don't know where they got their information from because the Natural Balance website does not have anything posted about this.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10