GO!

Ear cropping

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Rudi

That's my Dad.

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '07 2:28pm PST 
How could anyone of sane mind ever think they have the God-given right do mutilate me in such a hideous fashion ?

With hindsight, I think I got off pretty lightly, having seen some of my canine relatives on here.

Someone please tell me, why do this to a beautiful dog, and tell me honestly, would you humans object to have your own ears cropped ?
[notify]
♥Bind- i♥

Finally I have a- Forever Home!

Barked: Wed Apr 11, '07 9:21am PST 
Rudi I agree with you. it is a very painful procedure to have done.... I wish my ears weren't done either... but Mommy had no choice I was rescued from the pound....
[notify]
Sadie Mae

sweet baby girl

Barked: Sat Apr 21, '07 1:12am PST 
I agree with you both. Whoever did my ears had no idea what they were doing. My ears don't stand and they are just little flaps that lie close to my head. My new mom would never have done this to me. She didn't do it to her other dobie girl because she thinks it is cruel.
[notify]

Rocky

I get to the- gate in 3- seconds, can- you?

Barked: Wed May 9, '07 7:42pm PST 
I was a rescue too with my ears already done...
[notify]
Rocky

Dobies RULE!

Barked: Sun Jun 17, '07 3:14pm PST 
I was adopted au naturale... no crop, no dock... Mom thought about getting my tail docked but when she talked to the vet, he called it a tail amputation. That sounded too painful, so she decided to let me keep my curved tail! woof! dog
[notify]
Rocky

Dobies RULE!

Barked: Sun Jun 17, '07 3:19pm PST 
I was adopted au naturale... no crop, no dock... Mom thought about getting my tail docked but when she talked to the vet, he called it a tail amputation. That sounded too painful, so she decided to let me keep my curved tail! woof! dog
[notify]
Allie

Ready for summer- ;3

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '07 11:08am PST 
Mom did the same for me, i am happy as can be cloud 9
[notify]
Mischa

It should be a- crime to be this- cute!

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '07 8:25pm PST 
~ How could anyone of sane mind ever think they have the God-given right do mutilate me in such a hideous fashion ?

.....That is your opinion, and you have every right to it, i'm so sick of hearing stuff like your post.... for God's sakes... alot of people do it is because that is the "typical" look for the breed...well maybe typical isn't the best word, but that's what they look like when you think of a dobe. I personally am gettin my Mischa's ears done next friday. Those of you who don't like it, well, I really don't care, she's not your dog , she's mine...and yes, it is my choice, and my God given right to do it. I don't try to push my opinion on anyone about them getting them done with their dog, I think a dobe with natural ears looks like a hound. I'm sorry if anyone is offended by this, I am, but I have been doing research, asking alot of questions about the procedure, and in doing so i read so much negative comments on how cruel it is... other breeds do it too, I haven't read any comments about other breeds ear croppings being cruel and horrible (if it's out there i have not read it...maybe cuz i'm only reading about dobes) okay, well... i've read your opinions, now it's my turn. good night
[notify]
Butters

~7lbs. of- spoiled rotten~

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '07 12:26pm PST 
I have something to say. I only came in here though because my parents have 2 dobermans, both girls. I will be making them a page for Dogster soon.

When their tails are docked it's usually when they are first born so they cannot feel it. So, that is not painful at all unless the owner waits till they are much older.

Most vets will not crop their ears until the pups are at least 6 months old. That is how it is where I live anyways. It's not THAT bad as it sounds. They are put to sleep when it's done, so they cannot feel it. And they ARE given pain meds afterwards. When my parents got their dobermans ears cropped, they didn't show any pain at all. I don't understand why you people say it's so mean. It's really not at all.
[notify]
Roscoe

Roscoe's Blu- Moon Shine RN CD

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '07 4:58pm PST 
i had my tail docked when i was a baby. momas not gonna crop my ears because it costs money and that is something she doesnt have. also in obedience it doesnt really matter what the dog looks like. she is planing on showing me in jr. handler classes but that judges the handler not the dog. also i think natural ears on dobes are becoming more and more popular in the ring. hopefully cropping ears will stop altogether someday.

i understand that cropping ears can sometimes be painless, but i just dont see any reason for it. i like the tail docked because there is some history behind docking tails. but the only reason people dock ears is to make them look fearce. or atleast i havnt heard any other reason for docking ears. please pm me if you find an ACTUAL reason behing the history of docking ears. i know tails were docked on alot of dogs so the livestock wouldnt step on there tails.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7