GO!

Natural Tick Repellent?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sammy

I love and miss- you Dutchess

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '07 6:16pm PST 
I know this has been asked before, but does anyone know of any natural tick repellents that really work? Mom hates the thought of putting Front Line on me, but she'd never forgive herself if I got Lyme disease.

We heard that Tea Tree Oil is good. Has anyone ever used that?
[notify]
Princess-Ell- a 2003 to- 2011

Don't Touch Me I- Am Royality

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '07 6:54pm PST 
my mommy has with lotion herself for a repellent.you can always try a shampoo like tropiclean oatmeal and tea tree oil it soap free so it can be used regularly.
[notify]
Angel

Miss Tiny H iny

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '07 9:57pm PST 
Hey Sammy......Mama has two old friends that used to "run
bloodhounds".....one with a police dept. and one with the prison
system......BOTH of them swore by Avon Skin So Soft. They put
a dab on the back of the neck...behind the ears ... and a dab here
and there...... and head off into the woods to "track".....way to go
[notify]

Rally Pood

Hand over the- treats'n nobody- gets hurt!

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '07 10:06pm PST 
Check out http://www.onlynaturalpet.com

There are MANY different types of natural flea and tick repellants available!
[notify]
Sammy

I love and miss- you Dutchess

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '07 9:47am PST 
Thanks for the suggestions Princess Ell-A, Angel and Pood. Mom will start looking into those suggestions right away! Those mean old ticks will be out soon and I don't wanna get bit!!
hug
[notify]
Fenway, CGC

Who loves ya- baby?

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '07 10:53am PST 
My Mommy bought me garlic pills once. They were flavored. I ate one but then I realized they weren't snacks, but a natural tick repellent. I stopped eating them. She gave them away.

I actually have Lyme disease but I haven't seen the effects of it.

You may want to try garlic pills.
[notify]
Meridian

Proud to be a- kitchen wolf!!!

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '07 12:14pm PST 
I just got the new issue of Animal Wellness magazine in the mail, and it has a pretty decent article on natural approaches to dealing with ticks. Incidentally, it has an article on natural flea prevention, too, which you can read on the website.
[notify]
Fenway, CGC

Who loves ya- baby?

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '07 12:23pm PST 
Sorry to sort of change the subject. I just never heard of Animal Wellness magazine. Is it like Whole Dog Journal? Do you like this magazine? I think I might subscribe. It sounds interesting. Thank you for letting me change the subject for one second.
[notify]
Drake

What dont kill- you only makes- you strong

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '07 12:33pm PST 
sentry natural deffense workks great for my dogs I get it at walmart they do smell like a clove for a while tho
[notify]
Meridian

Proud to be a- kitchen wolf!!!

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '07 1:47pm PST 
Fenway -- Animal Wellness is a pretty good publication. It's a little more commercial than WDJ, what with it's pages of ads and product promos, but there's some great articles and I have to admit that I enjoy looking at the ads for different natural pet products out there. I'd definitely consider a subscription if I were you!

***And now back to our regularly scheduled programing.....***
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2