GO!

Please help stop the madness!!

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
♥ Miss- Frankie- ♥

I hop- like a- bunny!

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '07 7:41am PST 
Can any pup out there recommend a product to help me stop munching on my poop? We've gone the natural route and tried pineapple juice sprinkled on my food for the last two weeks and it isn't working b/c I've still got an appetite for it. Please help save me from myself!!!shrugshrugshrug
[notify]
Skylar Marie- Jenkins

FOOD?... WHERE?

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '07 8:09am PST 
I am suprised that I have come acrossed this message because I was going to put a posting on here about that.
It seems that my best friends dog (maltese name Duke) has been eating his droppings sense the first day we got him. At first we thought he had a dissorder and than we talked to a vet and she said it is normal, (puppies are just curiouse) that with time the problem will fade. And it has. He still does it every now and than but it has faded so much. She said that if you want to stop your dog from doing it than what you do is ... Everytime he or she goes to the bathroom whatch them. And when they start to sniff it you no that they are going to eat it. red face Tap them on the nose and say no with a VERY ceriouse tone of voice. It has worked for us. I hope this information becomes useful. It is very nasty (this problem is) but you just have to be patient. wink

Crystal Lynn and Skylar
[notify]
Khola- CDX, CGC

R plus and- paitence what a- shocking idea

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '07 8:23am PST 
1- pick up the poop instantly (take the dog outside on a leash)

2- go to a pet store and get pills for chloraphasia... thats what poop eating is called. You give them to them to eat and it makes the poop taste bad.
[notify]

Scamp

aka Fuzzy Buddy

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '07 8:31am PST 
You can buy "Forbid". It's a coprophagia treatment. Or ask your vet for something similar.
[notify]
♥- ROXI- ♥

Devil- Dog

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '07 6:51pm PST 
Is Miss Frankie going outside yet? or still using wee wee pads?
If she is still using wee wee pads, with roxi, we took it away right after she pooped. you kinda get their habits down by watching them. her pad was downstairs so when she went downstairs i used to follow and watch her. if you're taking her outside then after she poops pick it up right away or lead her away from it. roxi never ate her own poop outside. inside she did, but eventually stopped as she got older. maybe it just a puppy thing for miss frankie.
[notify]
Dulce

Bullies Are- The Best!

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '07 7:34pm PST 
Skylar--I would NOT recommend EVER tapping your dog on the nose. That is not effective, and will create a worse partner.
Please never ever do that.
[notify]
Pugsley

I Might Be Small- But I Have It- All!

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '07 7:37pm PST 
FYI Pugsley smells his poo and he doesn't eat it LOL
[notify]
Provo

If you throw it,- I will catch it

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '07 9:09pm PST 
Hi there,

We had that problem with Provo. Solid Gold makes a food additive called "Stop Eating Poop (SEP)" that really helped us. We found it at our local specialty pet store.

Another suggestion someone gave us was to put Tabasco on the dog's poop. If he does eat it, the taste will be so bad they won't do it again. I was reluctant to try that because Provo has a sensitive stomach and was fearful of what effect Tabasco would have on him.

I recommend trying SEP. Good luck!
[notify]
Holly Day- Berry

The Sweetest pup- you'll ever- meet!

Barked: Sat Apr 11, '09 5:26pm PST 
My 6 month old Maltese is eating her poo. I switched her food from high quality Great Life to Orijen. She's been eating her poo the since the day I got her. The Vet suggested Forbid.

I also read about Solid Gold and Drs. Foster and Smith Dis-Taste. I don't know which one to pick it seems some people say they don't work. I read that Dis-taste worked but you have a lot left over. I may go ahead and try it out.

My Holly was totally potty trained and doing well for weeks then she started hiding to poop and eating it so I wouldn't know. Now she is peeing everywhere but her pad. I'm really disappointed in myself. She seemed totally trained for over a month. Now I have to watch her like a hawk and start all over again.

Anywho, below is the link for Dis-taste if anyone wants to try it:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid =19133
[notify]
Talley

FOOD CAMPAIGN:- YOU CAN HELP

Barked: Sat Apr 11, '09 5:33pm PST 
I has a habit of doing that too. red facered facered face Mostly Mom tries to keep it picked up and reinforcing me when she sees me and tells me "Leave It" and she tends not to leave us out in the yard alone neither so I do find a pile I cant eat it. If I am left alone I practice my barking behaviors too, so I am better off being with Mom. We gets lots of play and exercise time with Mom outside. blue dogblue dogblue dogblue dogblue dogblue dog
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2