GO!

Electric toothbrushes for dogs?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Teyah Pie- O'Doodle-McB- arky

Je baiser mon- chien sur le- ventre

Barked: Fri Feb 16, '07 9:59am PST 
I used to see them in Petsmart for about $20 and was weebling about trying one but then they didn't have them anymore, so I guess they either didn't work or didn't sell well. I did think about using my old sonicare on noodle but figured he would freak from the noise and vibration.

How about the blue bone brushes, chew-it-yourself?

If anyone has tried either I would like to know how you like them.

thank you! snoopy
[notify]
Ricky

Food Glorious- Food!!!!

Barked: Fri Feb 16, '07 11:11am PST 
I use an Oral B Braun electric brush on Ricky
and it works GREAT. The brush is very small
and I think it's easier and more effective
then a regular toothbrush!!smile
[notify]
Grace

Grizzy Grace. <3

Barked: Fri Feb 16, '07 11:15am PST 
I saw one, I think at Petco, not too long ago.

I think that would freak my two out.

We stick with the good 'ol finger brush, and OraVet too.
[notify]

Storm

Silent Observer

Barked: Fri Feb 16, '07 11:15am PST 
I use a human electric toothbrush on Storm once in a while and it works just fine. I made sure to let him acclimate to the noise first, though - I left it running in the middle of the floor and ignored it for a while to let him explore it. Then I started on the positive associations with brushing.
[notify]
Kiera

Stumpy legs are- better!

Barked: Fri Feb 16, '07 11:56am PST 
Hi there!

Absolutely electric toothbrushes are great if your dog likes them! Buy a human toothbrush, they are MUCH cheeper (rotating heads are the best).

Kiera

dog
[notify]
Teyah Pie- O'Doodle-McB- arky

Je baiser mon- chien sur le- ventre

Barked: Fri Feb 16, '07 12:39pm PST 
Thanks guys - I really appreciate your input! cheer
[notify]
Hershey

I'm sticking my- tongue out at- you!

Barked: Fri Feb 16, '07 1:02pm PST 
Drs Foster and Smith have electric toothbrushes for $5. Mommy was about to put a post about this...Do dogs accept them? We already brush every night with a non electric brush.
[notify]
Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Fri Feb 16, '07 2:46pm PST 
I got one of those electric toothbrushes that they used to have a Petsmart, it was in the clearance rack for a very low price... It worked ok but it made Ginger drool like crazy for some reason! With those long rotating brushes it did help me to get to her back teeth though which are hard to reach with a regular toothbrush.
[notify]
Navidad

Feed Me!

Barked: Fri Feb 16, '07 3:28pm PST 
Mom uses Crest (or maybe it's Colgate) spinbrush on us. We luv it! Just uses batteries! And she buys the CET doggie toothpaste online - vanilla mint! It's so yummy!dancing
[notify]
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Fri Feb 16, '07 10:07pm PST 
I use human battery powered toothbrush too wink I used to use a todder sized on (non-electric) but mommie realized it's much more convenient for her to use the battery powered ones. I was thrown off for a few days, but I got used to it smile
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2