The vet slapped my dog!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Loki - Goodbye My- Handsome Boy

I know I'm big,- but can I sit in- yr lap?
Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 11:16pm PST 
The vet slapped my dog! He slapped poor Loki. He was trimming Loki's nails- and doing a poor job of it I might add, and Loki made a growl and turned his head to the vet and the vet slapped him really hard on the head. I was really ticked off because when the dogs made a growl or wrong motion we are able to stop it just as effectively without resorting to hitting. A stern 'shhh' to get his attention. If the vet were so worried he should have stopped and put a muzzle on him. And they don't have a proper scale at this office. I don't see myself going back to them. I was going to them out of convienence being just down the street, but it would be worth it to try some one else next time. What do you all think?
Callie NPC,- DBE, STCH,- LP1, CR

100% pure Love- Sponge Attention- Hound!
Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 11:18pm PST 
ABSOLUTELY try someone else. That is..."inexcusable" is the kindest word I can think of at the moment.

How can I be- this cute?
Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 11:22pm PST 
Ack! I totally agree--you should find another vet. There is definitely no excuse for a vet slapping a dog. You do have the option of reporting him to your local veterinary board, if you want to.

he's our angel- :)
Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 11:25pm PST 
he sounds like a total a$$!!! too bad you couldn't slap him back on behalf of lokithinking

Silent Observer
Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 11:25pm PST 
That vet's gonna get his hand bitten someday.
Pippin CGC

King- Dingleberry!
Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 11:30pm PST 
K...I (no b.s,) would have slapped the vet back...in a fiercness!!!,,PLEASE find a new vet ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pancho- Lopez-In- Memoriam

i must break you
Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 11:41pm PST 
what a horrendous abuser!!! RUN AWAY from that vet asap!!!

Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 11:55pm PST 
wave i'd say goodbye to that vet too. i think i would write a letter to the vet explaining why you left. i'm sure they don't teach THAT in vet school. it was just a nail trim...this isn't some emergency where the guy couldn't step back and come up with a new plan. so sorry that happened to you...ask around to friends who have pets and make sure you find one that is recommended by several people. good luck. paws..blossom
♥Trix- ie- Beaglesworth- RI

I am NOT a goofy- goober!
Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 11:56pm PST 
How horrible. He should have known better then to slap a dog. shock
Mikhail (at- Rainbow- Bridge)

Have puddle,- will splash
Barked: Wed Jan 24, '07 1:54am PST 
that vet needs to be told off REALLY bad
  (Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]