GO!

Loving Yorkie Needs New Home

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Gizmo -- Adoptable

Barked: Wed Sep 27, '06 7:51pm PST 
My mommie loves me but she just had a new baby and I am feeling very neglected. I am used to being spoiled but now mommy is too busy to play with me and take me on lots of nice walks or play dates. Even though we will miss each other forever, I would like to live with someone who will love me, hug me and be my best friend. How about you?
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Thu Sep 28, '06 6:48am PST 
Hi Gizmo, I'm sorry you are falling victim to this like so many other dogs. When I was born my mom and dad had 2 big collies who were like my brother and sister! I could not imagine my childhood without them. They taught me so much about how to care for and respect animals and be a responsible and humane little kid.

Anyway...it's sometimes tough to find a Dogster looking for another dog as many people here already have a lot of their own and also foster rescue/shelter/owner surrender dogs. But I Googled and tried to find some small breed/yorkie rescues in CA that you may be able to contact.

http://www.homestead.com/YTRA/

http://www.smalldogres cue.org/

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/CA1017.html

http:// www.petfinder.com/shelters/CA998.html

I dunno how close any of these are to you. For more accuracy you might try looking up shelters on Petfinder.com by using your ZIP code.

Edited by author Thu Sep 28, '06 6:48am PST

[notify]
Rambo

Im gonna get out- ill escape you- know it

Barked: Thu Sep 28, '06 7:32am PST 
I am sorry that you have to go through sucha thing. Humans just think animals are dos[osable peices of trash i guess. Well not all but some do. Just becuase there is a new baby is really no reason to just get rid of you its more of an excuse like many others. But atleast reguarless your mommy has come on here for help to try find you a good home instead of dropping you off in some shelter to die. Make sure your mommy takes you to your new home and checks it out before she lets you know if she loves you any at all she will do this. But even with that said if she loved you enough she would find a way to care for you and the baby both at the same time the baby has obviously got to sleep sometime and while th ebaby is sleeping momy could cuddle up with you and play and pet you. Then when the baby gets little older just teach it to treat you with respect and work with you on how to be good to the baby.since when your mommy got you you were supposed to be there forever and becuase people go out get prepgnant they just get rid of you. You were there first and since mommy thinks your dispoable she putting her baby up for adoption to i think not why becuase unlike animals if you jsut give away a human there is federal laws against it that land you in jail but you can throw away a pet likea piece of trash and its ok.Sorry for being harsh just a sad reality ot the truth. There are 6 of us pups in our mommys house and she wouldnt ever get rid of any of us and our mommy has kids as well. Young kids. But now the kids are older she teaches them responsibility and how to play with us.
[notify]

Daisy - R.I.P.

Good Morning- Beautiful.

Barked: Thu Sep 28, '06 8:12am PST 
This is all I have to say

I Tried

I tried my best as a baby

You thought I was so cute.

With all my antics you loved me

Even when I chewed your boot.

I tried my best as I got older

You were my heart holder.

I did all your commands

And never felt they were demands.

I tried my best to be what you wanted

I was never daunted.

Even when you started to sway

I never wanted to be away.

I tried my best to please you more

But more and more you started to ignore.

I wondered what mad you mad

Every day I got so sad.

I tried my best to be gentle and kind

Hoping one day you would change your mind.

I tried my best to want you every day

Always in hopes and wishes you would say.

That you loved and wanted me like the day you got me.

I tried my best to no end

Did you?
[notify]
Poquito- ♥

Die- Cancer,- Die!

Barked: Thu Sep 28, '06 8:25am PST 
As an older mom, I think your mom needs to stop and re-assess her priorities. Human babies fit nicely into strollers, which make for nice walks for babies & pups. Human babies nap, leaving plenty of pup time. Human babies can be demanding, pups have a soothing effect at the end of a stressful day. Nothing beats snuggling with a pup on the lap or curled up in the bed. So, we think your mom isn't really trying hard enough to give you the time and effort that you deserve. You had every right to expect your home to be forever. Your mom had to know there might be babies in her future. You are not a disposable toy or temporary substitute until the real human babies come along. I am sure you will find a great new home. We hope next time, it can be FOREVER.

Pokie's mom
[notify]
Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Thu Sep 28, '06 8:54am PST 
I have to say the same than one of the posters. When I was born I had 3 mid age cats at home with me I grew up with them. Then 2 years later my sister came. Around 1 year later we got 2 baby dogs and some years later we had a new human sister. At that point our family was 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, turtles, fishes, 2 Turtle doves, some finches, 3 humans kids and 2 adult parents. We all grew up with all of them and I really beleive that is a really great experience to be raised with pets. I think you must reconsider to surrender you dog. If you still think that is the best you can do for him, well what can I do else than try to help you to rehome your little furbaby.
[notify]
Rondo

Puppy Prodigy

Barked: Thu Sep 28, '06 8:57am PST 
Wow Taco! Did you also have a partrige in a pear tree? BOL Mom loved the turtledoves
Daisy - R.I.P.

Good Morning- Beautiful.

Barked: Thu Sep 28, '06 8:58am PST 
ROFBOL
[notify]
Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Thu Sep 28, '06 8:59am PST 
I don't have that no!!! BOL... My mom love's them too. She now have a dove male and a female turtle dove. She have a lot of bird as well!!!
I guess I took her animal love from birth because I'm as crazy as her without birds!!! I don't like indoor birds!!! Just the ones outside!
[notify]
Kaiser - My sweet boy- is gone

The Mister

Barked: Thu Sep 28, '06 8:59am PST 
BOL!!! I was about to type the same thing as Rondo!
[notify]
(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8