GO!

Question For Pug Owners (or anyone eles that knows pugs)

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Pugsley

I Might Be Small- But I Have It- All!

Barked: Tue Sep 12, '06 5:43pm PST 
I was just wondering what all the other pugs weights were out there! My mom was wondering what size i could be! The vet said i'm small for my age (at 4 months i'm only 6 pounds! Hey, i was the runt!) and i really haven't grown all that much since mom got me (at 2 months)... They said full grown i probably wont get bigger then 12 lbs!

Just wondering if there are any other small pugs out there! Or if they were my weight then turned out to be 25lbs BOL!!

-Pugsley
[notify]
Ayda - At the- Bridge

Sweet- TaydesMeraydes

Barked: Tue Sep 12, '06 6:15pm PST 
Our family pug got dangerously up to 35 lbs. He has diabetes and is now regulated, but he's still a hefty little guy!!
[notify]
tinker bell

love me!!

Barked: Tue Sep 12, '06 8:25pm PST 
I had two pugs when i was younger and i dont rember thier weight exactly but i know they were more then 12 pounds, but still healthy. Actually i was at the dog park the other day and saw a pug that was litterally snorting like a pig! it was overweight im guessing ro its harness was too tight. But it was chaseing my tinkerbell around and she was terrified. I felt bad for it but i dont think your pug is unusually our pugs had pups and the runt was about the same weight at that age.
[notify]

Pugsley

I Might Be Small- But I Have It- All!

Barked: Tue Sep 12, '06 8:49pm PST 
Pugs snort period! If Pugsley is happy he'll snort haha... Also if its really hot out they will snort to! Its because of there noses (or lack of bol)!

Edited by author Tue Sep 12, '06 8:50pm PST

[notify]
Missie

Teeth kisses for- everyone!

Barked: Tue Sep 12, '06 8:58pm PST 
Missie is not a Pug, but at 4 months she weighed exactly 5 pounds, and now at 8 months is 11 pounds. She appears to be fully filled out and full grown, but most Tibbies are at this age. I do not know if Pugs are a slow growing breed or not, but hopefully this gives you something to compare to.
[notify]
Sugar

Sugar Booger

Barked: Tue Sep 12, '06 10:37pm PST 
Well, my boyfriend's mom has a black pug named Oscar. He's about a year and a half and only about 15 pounds (maybe a little less, i just asked my boyfriend so its just approx.). He's a bit awkward for a pug though (she got him from a byb, didn't know any better and now i have enlightened her) very different than her last pug (ALOT smaller and longer legs). But he's a sweetheart smile I don't know much about the breed so it is interesting to know that they seem to be many different sizes sometimes lol!
[notify]
Sugar

Sugar Booger

Barked: Tue Sep 12, '06 10:42pm PST 
***lol just to add about the snorting thing, my cousin came over to meet Sugar and she was a little scared at first (likes dogs but not used to them really). Then I brought out Oscar, thinking because he was smaller and a cute little thing that she'd be like "Aww! how cute!" I was WRONG!!! lol he was so excited and was snorting and snotting all over and she freaked! It was so funny, she didn't expect all the snorts and I was like, well that's what they do! lol
[notify]
Brutus

SPOIL ME ME ME- ME!!!!!

Barked: Fri Sep 15, '06 9:45am PST 
I HAD A PUG ALONG TIME AGO . HE WEIGHED 21 POUNDS. MY COUSIN HAD APUG ATTHE SAME TIME AND SHE WAS CONSIDERABLY SMALLER. CHECK THE AKC SITE FOR PUG STANDARDS OR POSSIBLE SEARCH FOR A PUD BREED CLUB ONLINE AND EMAIL ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE TO THEM.I THINK AS LONG AS YOUR VET SAYS YOU DOG IS HEALTHY AND YOU NOT GOING TO SHOW HIM IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW BIG HE IS LOVE KNOWS NO SIZE!
[notify]
Jamba Cope

Celebrate life!

Barked: Fri Sep 15, '06 9:50am PST 
Jamba is 22 pounds. When we went to the vet, we were told he's on the heavy side. Cash at 6 months is 16 pounds. I have a feeling he might get heavier than Jamba at some point, so we'll see.
[notify]
Maddie May

What's for- dinner?

Barked: Fri Sep 15, '06 10:39am PST 
Maddie was quite chubby when she was younger. She weighed in at 23 pounds! The vet said she had to lose weight or else we were going to have problems when she got older. We put her on a reduced calorie diet. It took about a year, but now she is 17.5 pounds. Perfect for her size. She is four years old now. She has more energy but she still snorts just as much!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2