GO!

Sun Tanning Chihuahua???

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Otis

Ahh so you wanna- play huh? Bring- It!

Barked: Wed Aug 2, '06 7:42am PST 
My 4 month old Chihuahua, Otis, Loves to lay in the sun. I have heard this is normal for this breed, but it worries me because he could get sun storke or something couldn't he? Today it's the hottest day of the year here and he is laying in the sun! If any other Chi owners have any insight that would be great!

Thanks Otis and Amy
[notify]
Roscoe lee- browne

I'm the King of- the world!

Barked: Wed Aug 2, '06 8:21am PST 
I also love to sunbath . I have a tan on my belly right now, but my mom makes sure she limits the time I'm allowed to do so especially on really hot days . dogs are pretty smart as long as they can get shelter if they get to hot they wont overheat themselves ps I'm part chi
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Wed Aug 2, '06 8:31am PST 
I love to sunbathe too but mummy doesn't let me out for more than a few minutes on the deck. Dogs don't know when they are getting overheated so please don't let him outside for long. He is only young and small and will get heatstroke very easily. Cold water should be available at all times for him too but don't leave him outside. No dog should be left outside in this heat.
[notify]

Toby

I wanna play!!!

Barked: Wed Aug 2, '06 2:31pm PST 
My friend has a chi who loved to lay in the sun (even though his sister was smart enough to go sit in the shade). He ended up in the hospital with IVs because he got heat stroke or something like that.
[notify]
ZOE, ALWAYS- IN MY HEART

What- Would Cesar- Do?

Barked: Thu Aug 3, '06 7:42am PST 
roxi is a crazy cairn and loves to lay in the sun, stand in the sun, anything in the sun. mommy yells at her all the time. but in this heat she hasn't been outside at all. you're right dogs that like the sun have no idea when they get sunstroke. i on the other hand look for shade. i'm the smart one!!!
[notify]
Ruffian

Newest Project- "Sprinkles"

Barked: Thu Aug 3, '06 9:22am PST 
BOL Zoe! I’m not smart like you, I’m sun crazy like Roxi! I will lay in the sun and pant my brains out until my tongue turns bright pink, almost red!!! The first time mama caught me doing that she knew she had to keep an eye on me! When we had a fireplace I would even lay in front of that until I started panting!!!!

Licks and Wags
[notify]
ZOE, ALWAYS- IN MY HEART

What- Would Cesar- Do?

Barked: Thu Aug 3, '06 10:47am PST 
hey ruff, i encourage roxi to get well done in the sun. bbq sause or no??? ; ) wink let you know when she's done. rare or well? bol
zoe

Edited by author Thu Aug 3, '06 10:49am PST

[notify]
Ruffian

Newest Project- "Sprinkles"

Barked: Thu Aug 3, '06 10:50am PST 
Ooooooo ZOE!!!! How about a rare Roxi??? Just not so rare she growels on the way down! (hope she doesn't read this! snicker snicker!)

*wink*

Sluprs and Drools
[notify]
♥- ROXI- ♥

Devil- Dog

Barked: Thu Aug 3, '06 5:26pm PST 
too late ruffman, i saw it. you know i have feelings too!! sniff sniff. hey zoe get me the tanning lotion. you know the one you gave me last time, i think the brand was "tenderizer".
[notify]
ZOE, ALWAYS- IN MY HEART

What- Would Cesar- Do?

Barked: Thu Aug 3, '06 5:27pm PST 
Rare with "tenderizer" it is. BOL
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2