GO!

Dog Books That Touch The Heart

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Highgrove- Twisted- Pretzel

♥Weave!,- weave!,- weave!♥

Barked: Tue Jul 25, '06 6:53pm PST 
I just finished Marley and Me... I cried like a baby.
I've cried in almost every doggy death book I've read. Where the Red Fern Grows, Old Yeller, and now this one.... anyone else had a touchy experience with a book (or movie)?

Edited by author Fri Aug 11, '06 10:18am PST

[notify]
Sassy(1996-2- 007)

Did somebody say- treat?

Barked: Wed Jul 26, '06 9:17am PST 
In Emma & Co. mommy cried when...well...we won't say it. But that's a book about a woman and her now retired guide dog in England(she had eye surgery and can see better now) and all the dogs she gets over time and everyone she meets through Emma and the first books she wrote, Emma & Me and Emma V.I.P...
[notify]
Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Wed Jul 26, '06 11:39am PST 
I love this book: "Spunky" by Dori Brink
but there are 2 parts that always make me cry... It's a good book though!

Another one is "My Dog Tulip".
[notify]

Chance

I am loved

Barked: Wed Jul 26, '06 12:44pm PST 
Rex & the City is pretty good. It didn't make me cry. (the second one isn't out yet, lol. On the author's webpage it said the second doesn't end happy)
[notify]
Esther & Samson, RIP Zacchaeus

Welcome to our- kennel

Barked: Thu Jul 27, '06 12:00pm PST 
the book "Just Gus: A Rescued Dog and the Woman He Loved" is amazing and a tear jerker! It is very short and reads like a childrens book, but so good that mom wrote her name in it so she makes sure she gets it back from the people she loans it too!
[notify]
Jackie Poo,- NPC

I swear, I- didn't do it

Barked: Thu Jul 27, '06 12:17pm PST 
the James Herriot stories always can set me off (e.g. All Creatures Great & Small). While it's really the story of the vet and his family, all the farmers, owners, and their animals have either hysterical or truly touching stories.
Not specific to dogs alone, but highly, highly reccommend them for reading.

Edited by author Thu Jul 27, '06 12:18pm PST

[notify]
Annabelle Lea

Aarrooo- , lets- play.

Barked: Sun Jul 30, '06 9:27am PST 
I had the videos of where the red fern grows, and the sequels, sooooo good. I loved them. Cried some too. I gave them to my daughter to watch.
[notify]
Josh

Smiling Westie- Boy

Barked: Sun Jul 30, '06 6:56pm PST 
oh my mommy has read a few good ones she is in the middle of reading marley and me right know!
books lil mom has read runt,sounder,no dogs alowd and more.

p.s my lil mommy is only 12
[notify]
Josh

Smiling Westie- Boy

Barked: Sun Jul 30, '06 6:56pm PST 
oh my mommy has read a few good ones she is in the middle of reading marley and me right know!
books lil mom has read runt,sounder,no dogs alowd and more.

p.s my lil mommy is only 12
[notify]
Darby - C.G.C.

The Anti-Lassie

Barked: Sun Jul 30, '06 7:25pm PST 
I know they are old-fashioned, and sometimes very politically incorrect, but I still have a soft spot in my heart for the books of Albert Payson Terhune. Those old stories about Lad, Wolf, and the rest of the Sunnybank Collies made me long for a Collie of my own - even though I had to wait 30 years for him.

Of course, Darby is no Sunnybank Lad, but he's still my "thoroughbred in body and soul." smile
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8