GO!

its been 3 yrs and im still crying...

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Toots(I miss you R.I.P my hero

Lovable mutt who- loves to have- fun!

Barked: Wed Jun 14, '06 2:38pm PST 
first ill tell it from Toots point of veiw.

i died trying to be a hero. it was a dark night and one of my owners was trying call in my best friend,Herby, a six month old gray cat. he wouldnt come so i pushed my way out the door sensing something was wrong. when i got to the street there was herby laying,crying,smashed in the road. i lunged hoping to push him out of the way of the next car but i was to slow. me and herby were hit. herby died there right in front of my blurry eyes. i couldnt move,couldnt go help my best friend. i was dying. then i heard a familiar sound. my owner. "beth go get the car whiel i get Toots!" a very nice stranger pulled me a side while m dad made herby a grave. i spent 1 week in the animal hospital. out of my whole family lindsay(the one who owns this acont) was the saddest. i was there beside her,her whole life. i saved her from deadly things,bee hives,freezing ponds. she has done her share of saving me from the same things as i save her from. we were a team so wen she heard that they had to put me to sleep she vowed to remember me always and pray for me and i vowed to do the same up in the place she calls heaven.

now its my turn to speek:

im 12 yrs old. toots left wen i was 10. now people say" just get over it! its a stupid dog!!" u no wat i do wen they say that? get a detention,thats wat. no y? because i punch them and scream at them! i cant stand wen people call toots a dog. she was my only friend, now yes i have human friend,but not true ones that are truthful and nice. heres the story...

i was sleeping at the time of the crash. fast a sleep witha bit of a nervous pain in my stomach. i been getting them for a couple days now so i just ignored it now. i woke up and almost screamed. my mom and dad were stearing at me. they told me toots and herby got hit. toots tryed to save herby but was too slow so herby died and toots was in the hospital. u no wat i did there? run out of the house strate to the animal hospital. my parents didnt no wat happened. i was still in my pajamas in the emergency room staring at toots. everyone was staring at me but all i noticed was toots looking at me. she cryed, i dont no if it was pain or excitment,i think it was both. i started to cry and i ran over and hugged her and told her u cant leave me toots! u cant! u are all i have expt buggsy(my rabbit)!! but u r my mother,my sister,my aunt,my granma,my friend. u die and im dieing with u!! i could tell by her eyes she was saying NO! she was saying if she dies for me to just remeber her and shell be happy but if i forget her(yea right!!!!) she will be sad. everyday afer school for a week i ran to her. then friday mornin i woke up and the phone rang. i ran down and picked it up. i screamed,i cryed. it was The Call. the call of death. toots was uthinized. i ran to the vet and screamed and asked why they did that. they said her body was shutting down. from then on i cryed everyday and still am 3 yrs later. i have also vowed never to go in a car again and i have kept that vow.
[notify]
Bella

just do it ..- just kick the- ball already

Barked: Wed Jun 14, '06 4:28pm PST 
well i am very sorry for your loss...i was also hit by a car..i was at the babysitters...my gram and gramp...and grampa took me next door to blow up a bicycle tire..the air compressor spooked me..and i ran in the road...my gram and aunt had to go to work to tell my mom..she was out buying a birthday present from me for gram..it was her b-day..my mom never expected those words to come out of grams mouth..so i know what you are going thru...i was my mom's only son...it was just 4yrs ago on jun 10th...my mom still misses me

i am very sorry you had to go thru something so tragic..its never a good time to say good bye..but know that toots is in a much better place and is with you all the time to watch over you
[notify]
Cracker- *Best Friend- Forever*

Remember me- Happy & Free

Barked: Sat Jun 17, '06 8:07pm PST 
Toots was a brave & loyal friend to you. His bravery is unbelievable. Its so heartbreaking when our best friends go to the bridge. We have to believe that they are happy, healthy & whole again AND waiting for us to join them. They're looking down on us & are our own personal guardian angels. My baby has been gone a short year & yet I still expect him to greet me when I come home. He will always, always be in my heart as I know Toots will be in yours. And I agree that it is heartless for people to say "Its just a dog" - they are not dogs, they are our best friends & can understand us like no human can. You should not pay attention to people like that - obviously they have never known the love that an animal can give you.

My heart goes out to you, because I'm still trying to deal with it after a year - I do try to remember all the silly things my Cracker did & smile at the memories. You have to cherish them & keep them dear to your heart.

Cracker's Mom
[notify]

◊Kodiak- Bear- 1988-2000

Golden angel,- now I have wings

Barked: Tue Jun 27, '06 7:51am PST 
Sweet young girl... your pain is real. You are so young to feel such grief, but that doesn't make it any less painful.

Your heart will heal in time. Each human is different. It has been 6 years since I lost Kody, and still I cry each day. Not a day goes by that I don't think of all my babies at the rainbow bridge.

Allow yourself to mourn, and don't try to hide it. Maybe that is my problem. I don't mourn unless I'm alone.

Your heart is filled with love, and the tragedy of your sudden loss is a shock. I was told by a therapist I had Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It doesn't go away just because people tell you to make it go away.

Maybe you can honor his memory by doing something for dogs... maybe you can help at the local animal shelter or rescue group? Maybe raise money to help spay or neuter some pets that can't afford it. But whatever you do, remember your love, and his love for you. Honor him. You are not silly, or wrong, just filled with love that needs a place to go.
Daisy - R.I.P.

Good Morning- Beautiful.

Barked: Tue Jun 27, '06 8:04am PST 
My heart breaks for you. The loss of a beloved pet is greater them alot know or have experienced. Your pain is real and you are not wrong or silly to feel it. It just shows the love you had for Toots. Toots was and always be a great dog, pet and most of all a great friend. Don't ever let people make you feel you show just forget about him or to just get over it. Grief has no time limits. There are stages you have to go through that is no different then loosing a human loved one. It can't be rushed or denied. It's been 4 yrs since I left my mommy and I see her still grieving. It has gotten alittle easier as time went by and she got 2 new fur pals to help her. I am glad she did that because it was right for her. Everyone deals with this grief in their own way and what is right for one isn't necessarily right for another. You just have to find you way to deal and start remembering the fun memories you have. Let them help you. My mommy believes that when she gets really sad about me, I put funny memories in her mind to help. So maybe if you think about the funny goofy things when the sad and tearful thoughts start, Toots did it may help. I hope this helps. Toots is with me and I will watch over him. So don't worry.
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Tue Jun 27, '06 11:59am PST 
Yes, my heart breaks for you too sweetheart. You loved your Toots beyond measure and the way he died is very traumatic and hard for you to let go. I know you still miss him very much and that is good - you will always miss him, it proved how much you loved him. But you really should focus on what a beautiful girl she was and how brave and the other beautiful dogs you have. It's not disloyal to love another dog, you don't have to forget Toots at all, she will always have a space in your heart that is carved out just for her.

Edited by author Wed Jun 28, '06 11:13am PST

[notify]
Toots(I miss you R.I.P my hero

Lovable mutt who- loves to have- fun!

Barked: Fri Jul 14, '06 10:34am PST 
Thank you all very much for helping my Lindsay smile once more. she literly hasnt smiled for 3 yrs untill she joined Dogster/Catster. It has helped her a great deal. I am so sorry to all of you who have lost a friend too, they are now my friends on the Bridge and they all miss you deeply.
Forever yours,
Toots the rainbow pup
[notify]
Bear* - Eternally- missed....

BearZilla the- Gentleman Clown

Barked: Sat Jul 15, '06 2:38pm PST 
Your story brought tears to my mommy. Its been almost 3 years since I was forced to leave her too and not a day goes by when I don't look down on her from Rainbow Bridge when I don't see her crying. I know that you are still in pain like mommy but know that you wil see Toots again! I will be sure to give her lots of kisses from you, k? *many gentle dobie hugs*
[notify]
Ross Allen - (died- 9/19/05)

Did somebody say- Mc Donalds?

Barked: Sun Jul 16, '06 12:06pm PST 
Lindsay:

I'm so very, very sorry about your tragic loss of Toots. I don't think it is strange or wrong that you would be still crying over her.

I lost my soul mate, Ross Allen, almost 10 months ago, and I still cry almost every single day over him. I wouldn't be at all surprised if I am still crying very often after three years have gone by.

Maybe going to the website that I created for my Rossie Pup would be something that would help you in your grief?

Here's the link to it...

http://home.earthlink.net/~tsjay53/

I guess you'll have to copy and paste it into your browser window, since it appears that links don't actually work in these messages.

God bless, Lindsay. Once again, I'm very sorry about Toots. She sure sounds like she was a very, very special gal.

Oh, there is a website called Petloss.com that has a really active message board for people who are hurting over the loss of a pet. I go there every day. They even have a chat room, but I don't use the chat feature much.

Tom
[notify]
Bailey

"LET'S GET- WET!!!"

Barked: Sun Jul 16, '06 2:25pm PST 
Dearest Lindsay--what a special young lady you are, it is clear you and Toots were special friends! My mommy lost someone very special when she was twelve and although it seems everyone is telling you that time heals everything--heartache is a tough battle! Stay strong and remember Toots with all of the good memories, I'm sure the funny, good times are plentiful...remembering how she LIVED is the key, not the how or the why she went to the bridge...you will have the chance to enjoy each other's company again...Toots would want you to live life to the fullest, while she waits...

labbie licks and sloppy kisses
bailey
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3