GO!

Soft Tissue Injury to the Spine

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Buster

C'mon, let's- play!

Barked: Sat May 27, '06 5:35pm PST 
My sister had to go to the vet yesterday because she wasn't eating or drinking and she was arching her back like she was hurt. The vet said that she has a soft tissue injury in her back, probably due from her jumping down off of things like the bed, chairs, and stuff. Dad even caught her on the dining room table and she jumped down off of that! But the vet gave her some chewable pills and said she has to take it easy. No long walks, no jumping up or down, stuff like that. I hope she gets better really quick, cuz I am lonely going on my walks by myself! But I guess that's what happens when little dogs jump off of high places. So don't let your dog do that, or he might get hurt, too!
[notify]
Storm

Silent Observer

Barked: Sun May 28, '06 7:28am PST 
That's a very good warning, Buster!

My mother (not Storm's Person, but his Person's mother!) has a Toy Poodle that had the same problem. It is pretty difficult to keep them down after they're used to jumping, but it is doable!
[notify]
Buster

C'mon, let's- play!

Barked: Wed Jun 7, '06 2:47pm PST 
Just wanted to let you all know that Tunie is fine now. Keeping her quiet, not letting her climb even the stairs, or jumping up or down on the bed must have really helped. The vet now says she doesn't show any signs of an injury. Hurray! We're back to taking our walks together again, and we can play together again, too. I'm so happy she's okay. I love my sister and wouldn't want anything to happen to her!
[notify]

Mocha

You can run but,- you can't hide

Barked: Fri Aug 4, '06 11:56am PST 
I'm glad that your sister is doing much better now Buster :O) I'm going to tell mommy about this so that way whenever I'm on her bed I don't try to jump I mean I try but I don't do it she helps me down I love my mommy:O)
[notify]
Buster

C'mon, let's- play!

Barked: Fri Aug 4, '06 12:26pm PST 
My Dad got us some puppy steps that he found online that we can use to climb up on his bed. That helps a lot, and sometimes we even climb down using the steps. Petunia does that more than me, though.
[notify]
Mocha

You can run but,- you can't hide

Barked: Wed Aug 9, '06 10:28am PST 
That's good that he bought you guys the steps you need them. That way you guys don't have to jump all the time :O)
[notify]