GO!

I smell mutt-sty

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Samantha

Extra Special

Barked: Tue May 2, '06 12:09pm PST 
Mommy was complaining the other day how I smell musty and she just gave me a bath last week. She doesn't want to bathe me again b/c it's too hard for her to do it wihtout Daddy around, but she is trying to find some way to make me smell better for now. any ideas for her?
Thanks!
Sammy
[notify]
Mutts

Duh

Barked: Tue May 2, '06 3:31pm PST 
Earth bath pet sprays smell great mos petcos and petsmart have them theres also other brands of pet collonge that work well. I prefer earthbath since its all natural and good for the dog. www.earthbath.com
[notify]
Daisy (2004- ♥- 2007)

sweet angel

Barked: Tue May 2, '06 4:00pm PST 
If giving a full bath is too difficult, you can also try pet wipes or those waterless shampoos to get rid of the smell too... they don't do as good as a job as a bath, but at least I can cuddle up to my peeps afterwards. puppy Oh, and as Mutts suggested... finish off with a doggie cologne afterwards. My momma likes the Crazy Pet Rainforest scent the best. I like doggie smell the best, but my peeps have the final say.

Edited by author Tue May 2, '06 4:23pm PST

[notify]

Skittles- ♥

Tweet Pookie pie

Barked: Wed May 3, '06 6:34am PST 
You could also use baby wipes, that is what the vet told mommy to use when we were babies. Plus they smell really good.
[notify]
Samantha

Extra Special

Barked: Wed May 3, '06 9:28am PST 
good ideas! Thanks!
[notify]
Due's- Gunnery- Sergeant- "Gunny"

"Just sniff it!"

Barked: Wed May 3, '06 11:06am PST 
Mom was told a long time ago that if you dont smell like a dog, and you havnt been rolling in anything wierd, then you should have the vet check you. It might be your food or an underlying health problem.

Gunny
[notify]
Samantha

Extra Special

Barked: Wed May 3, '06 11:33am PST 
sounds like a good idea too! I'll have her do a sniff search when she gets home!
[notify]
Sara

My new name: - SUPER GLUE

Barked: Thu May 4, '06 9:08am PST 
Sara Here:

My dog is a Mutt, so it's only natural that, in between baths, she sometimes smell like Mutt.

This really doesn't bother me, but it might offend others who are not use to M O (mutt odor).

I've used a dry bath of baking soda on her. I make sure not to get it in any of her orifices.

I brush it out.

So far, no allergic reactions, and she smells real sweet.

That's because she's a Sweetie-Pie.
[notify]
Luna- 12/27/01-3/2- 9/14

Princess- Houdini, I can- escape any crate

Barked: Fri May 5, '06 8:54am PST 
We use Fresh & clean finishing spray, I bought it at my groomers it's what they finish the dogs with, and it works great, I love the smell not like perfume but a nice fresh clean smell. You can also buy it at petsmart

Edited by author Fri May 5, '06 12:04pm PST

[notify]
Luna- 12/27/01-3/2- 9/14

Princess- Houdini, I can- escape any crate

Barked: Fri May 5, '06 8:54am PST 
We use Fresh & clean finishing spray, I bought it at my groomers it's what they finish the dogs with, and it works great, I love the smell not like perfume but a nice fresh clean smell. You can also buy it at petsmart

Edited by author Fri May 5, '06 12:03pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2