GO!

Did anyone see the report on CNN on Greenies?Finally!

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bailey Chief- Joint of- Staff!

There's no place- like HOME!!!!

Barked: Wed Feb 15, '06 4:01pm PST 
I was glad to see CNN finally reported what Greenie treats are doing to many doggies. They did a decent report but I didn't think they question the company hard enough. They allowed the company to insist that their treats are healthy and well worth the risk for the benefits. I thought that was outragious. Putting your doggies life at risk so his teeth can be clean so the owner doesn't have to brush or pay for dental care to me is just plain crazy.
But they did report that Greenie had a 5 million dollar law suit pending, from one family who lost their dog. I hope they lose and are force to take it off the market. Just looking at how many dogsters of all sape and sizes have died from eating Greenies convinced me never to feed it to my doggies.
[notify]
Sambuca- ღ

Sambuca - The Mood Ring!

Barked: Wed Feb 15, '06 4:33pm PST 
I've stopped giving my dogs Greenies, even though they loved them and did not gobble them down. Too scary! I'll clean their teeth another way.
[notify]
SETH

Barked: Fri Feb 24, '06 10:36am PST 
Hi! I still can't understand why they are still in business! Putting my animal at risk of killing them is worth it.... what kind of c... is that? Obviously the people running this business are heartless, ignorant. Why don't they feed these greenies to their kids and put them at risk. No difference there.

I don't give my dogs anything made with rawhide - THAT IS A KILLER!!!! Too many dogs have died.
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Fri Feb 24, '06 10:46am PST 
Yay!~ Finally, some national exposure! I have Never given Toby a Greenie and I Never will.

The reason why they're still in business is because there are millions of dog owners that are unaware.

Another reason they're still in business is because there are many owners who know of the potential deadly effects, but do not believe that this will happen to their dog.
[notify]
Martini

born to be a- brat!

Barked: Fri Feb 24, '06 10:48am PST 
I cannot beleive the company would say something like that. It's worth the risk? i dont think so. I'd rather let my dog chew on a knuckle bone or soup bone....they do a better job cleaning the teeth anyways.. and bones are generally safer!!!!
[notify]
Cosmic- Isabel- Roverandom

To Infinity and- Beyond!

Barked: Fri Feb 24, '06 11:56am PST 
Well, I wouldn't say there are NO risks to eating bones (we had a pal here on Dogster die from complications from eating a bone that perforated her bowel), but at least bones are meant to be eaten unlike that junk in Greenies. But I agree bones are generally much safer--and will actually help clean teeth. I ate Greenies about 3 times a week--never did one thing for my teeth. Quite frankly I think the cleaning claim is a bunch of bull hockey.
[notify]
Martini

born to be a- brat!

Barked: Fri Feb 24, '06 12:45pm PST 
i edited my last post to say they are generally safer. thank you =D
[notify]
Rowdy

Outside fun,- inside not so- much ;)

Barked: Wed Apr 5, '06 11:16am PST 
Wow! I didn't know greenies were bad!!! I don't think Rowd will be getting them anymore...thanks guys for typing this!!!Rowdy does "woof" his down. So I think I will stick to Iams "Tarter Treats". they are softer than greenies and he doesn't "woof" them down .I love Iams they have great stuff! I CAN"T BELIEVE THEY SAID IT WAS WORTH THE RISK!!!!I think any person that loves their dog would not think that! I love my babies they will never buy for them AGAIN!
[notify]
Chaz

To Know Me is to- Love Me

Barked: Thu Apr 6, '06 1:04pm PST 
That's good. I'm glad to hear it. In my training class there is a little Bichon and her mommy told our trainer that her favorite treat was Greenies and our trainer told her that there was a class action law suit against Greenies and the doggie's mom's jaw dropped and she said she had no idea. I can't believe the big pet store chains are still selling them.
[notify]
Nina

Loved Furever

Barked: Mon Apr 10, '06 6:07pm PST 
OK, I'm totally lost. Did I miss the reason as to why they are bad? I have given my dogs greenies in the past, but stopped because they always barfed up big chunks. Why are they bad?
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2