GO!

What should mom & dad do with us?

This forum is dedicated to places that people and dogs can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your pooch, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Dogster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Dogster.

Kona

Is it time to- eat yet?

Barked: Thu Dec 29, '05 9:31pm PST 
They will leaving us soon for about 10 days while they go on their honeymoon. Dad was talking about some kind of "doggie boot camp" instead of letting us stay with grandma. We do need some manners training, but mom's not sold on the idea. If they can't find any family for us to stay with should they try to find a nice kennel where we get to run around alot or maybe like a training camp? If so, can anyone recommend one? We live in the bay area in Ca.
Woof!
[notify]
♥ Ch- Francis....- THD CG

Barked: Mon Jan 2, '06 1:04pm PST 
I'd post this perhaps under training too. I know a pal at the park here who boarded outside bay area when his parents went on a big trip... it sounded like the best camp ever. I swear it was in the Napa area but I have no idea of the name. Good luck!
[notify]
Winston

Winston - fulla love

Barked: Thu Jan 19, '06 10:05am PST 
Try petcamp.com
[notify]

Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Thu Jan 19, '06 12:04pm PST 
I know that we have pet planet who offer to guard the dog in their days and spas programs. They have a good program but I don't know if it's available in your area.
Good Luck
[notify]
bubbles

bella is the- original dogster- diva!

Barked: Fri Jan 20, '06 7:24am PST 
training camp is a good idea, but when your humans help train you it will increase the bond they have with you. something to consider.
[notify]
Kona

Is it time to- eat yet?

Barked: Sat Jan 21, '06 7:26am PST 
Thanks for the recs. Mom and dad realize that they also need the training-so not sure what they are going to do with us yet.
[notify]
Stormy B. Naughty 2000-2008

Remember Me- Always

Barked: Sat Jan 21, '06 6:00pm PST 
Have you considered a pet-sitter? I used one when I went on my honeymoon. Stormy can not function in a strange place, specially without her humans. It was great. They stuck to their routine, had somebody that came to the house to fed them, potty them & play with them. The dogs loved the fact that this person came into their home and it was all about them. The petsitter also got the mail, paper, and turned on & off lights for us, so nobody knew we were gone. It worked out great for me. We had an emergency at the beginning of the year and could not get home to my dogs, I just called the sitter and she was there. It is great to know I have somebody I can count on to take care of my babies.
[notify]
Max (In- Loving- Memory)

More bones- please!

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '06 8:07am PST 
I had a petsitter and it worked fine. You pick how many time a day they come by. They took me for walks and I got to stay at home.
[notify]
RIP Mandi- Mae

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '06 2:55am PST 
I was a pettsitter for this one family numerous times when they went away. This is convinient if you can't take your dogs, if you can't afford a kennel, or if your dogs don't like new places, etc, etc.
[notify]