GO!

husky/shiba inu

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Roxy

Reaaadddyy..seee- ttt.. G---OH A- BIRD!!!

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 12:12pm PST 
Took Roxy on Friday to see our family vet that she will continue to see since i officially hate banfield these days. We of course talked about her size and he said there is no doubt she is a mix. Although daddy was a purebred w/ papers, we never saw momma and im pretty sure 1. she's a mix and 2. she was petite. He suggested that she was def mostly husky but looked to have Shiba in her. He also suggested maybe even Basenji. Any other suggestion of what she may be mixed with?
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Tue Oct 30, '12 3:59am PST 
She looks like a Husky to me. They really aren't big dogs. Her coat is a little short, but lots of purebred huskies have too much or too little coat. What ever she is, she is beautiful.
[notify]
Roxy

Reaaadddyy..seee- ttt.. G---OH A- BIRD!!!

Barked: Tue Oct 30, '12 10:22am PST 
Thanks! She is honestly the PERFECT size for me. Im a small girl and I like the fact that she isn't big like Warrior otherwise she would be dragging me all over the place.
[notify]

Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 10:35pm PST 
She looks all Husky to me. Ember is only about 43lb, and perfectly within standard.

Some BYBs are trying to breed "mini" Huskies, so those are out there. It's possible some are Shiba outcrosses, but Shibas really aren't too common. Basenjis are extremely rare - the odds of that cross are slim to none.
[notify]