GO!

siberian sizes

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Colbie

Barked: Thu Oct 4, '12 5:26pm PST 
How big do female siberian huskies usually get? Mine is 9 months old and 35 pounds....smile
[notify]
Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Thu Oct 4, '12 8:04pm PST 
They should not be over 22 inches at the shoulder, with weight in proportion to size.

That said, Huskies from back yard breeders and puppy mills are usually too big. I have seen poorly bred Huskies the size of Malamutes - perhaps there was Mal in some of them.

The best way to guess at adult size is to look at the parents, but even then there is some variation.
[notify]
Roxy

Reaaadddyy..seee- ttt.. G---OH A- BIRD!!!

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '12 5:56pm PST 
Colbie, Roxy is also 9 months old and right now she weights 37 pounds as of last weekend. She hit a growth spurt and looks a little taller. Your will get bigger, I just say my girl is a late bloomer =)
[notify]

Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 4:22am PST 
Females should weigh between 35 - 50lbs and males should weigh between 45 - 60lbs

Luna is 9 Months old and 49.5lbs. Medium - large breed dogs aren't considered "full grown" and "adults" til they are about 2 years old. Colbie may go through a growth spurt or several growth spurt. Don't worry huskies aren't suppose to be massive in size. So if your husky seems to be on the small side that's fine because a standard husky isn't malamute size.
[notify]