GO!

7 Months old...and the vet said this....

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Roxy

Reaaadddyy..seee- ttt.. G---OH A- BIRD!!!

Barked: Mon Aug 13, '12 10:44am PST 
Barked: Mon Aug 13, '12 6hi53am PST[edit your post]

So I took Roxy my husky to the vet along with my sick German SHepherd and I began asking questions about her weight and size. He asked how old she was and I told him she's a little over 7 months then he comments " oh your already done growing!" my eyebrows about hit the ceiling. She is 33 lbs right now, a little lengthier then her profile pics. Our GSD did t sprout out until he was 10 months... But I mean she's still a puppy. 7 months and not going to grow anymore? CAn someone give me a little insight on this. Does this sound right

i posted this earlier in the regular dog forum but idk maybe i'll have more luck here...
[notify]
Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Tue Aug 14, '12 11:06am PST 
Definitely not done growing. She's not going to double her size or anything like when they're 2 and 3 months old, but she'll still have a couple growth spurts and fill out.
[notify]
Roxy

Barked: Tue Aug 14, '12 4:41pm PST 
That's what others are telling me and what I have researched so far. I was a little taken back when he said that because I have never heard of a 7 month old puppy, Husky that is...to just stop growing at her age. Plus I hate the fact that when we bring her to the vet she always sees a different doc, annoying!
[notify]

Uso

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '12 8:07am PST 
We have a very petite husky puppy. She just turned a year this month,and only weighs 38 pounds. She stopped growing around 9-10 months. Our vet said (who has had husky's before) that she is just on the smaller side and that husky's are not large breed dogs, they are medium sized. I like her the size she is, she fits on the bed perfectly wink...even though I am sure she will still fill out a little bit. And not sure what vet you go to, but we go to banfield and we requested our vet to be the only dr we see, so everytime I make appts, it's automaticaly with our "primary" vet. Hope this helps!
[notify]
Roxy

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '12 10:29am PST 
Ah! Banfield. That is where we have been going too. She has seen 3 different docs. There was one doc that she saw there the very first time we took her and he was sooo sweet, but i haven't seen him in a while, hope he is there because the next time i need to bring her i want to make sure she sees him again.
[notify]
Uso

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '12 2:24pm PST 
I'm sure he is! Just ask for him to be your primary dr smile
[notify]
Bowser

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 8:26am PST 
I know I'm a tad late, but Bowser didn't stop growing until he was about 18 months old. He was still a little small, but my stepfather told me he has started to fill out. Last time he was at the Vet (May of '11) he was 52 lbs. He was 2 years and 2 months old. He's probably well over 52lbs now. His mother and father were both 60-62lbs.

So she might still be growing a bit. And when she fills out, she'll weigh more.
[notify]
Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Wed Sep 19, '12 9:13am PST 
Siberians aren't suppose to be HUGE dogs (height wise) but as weight goes females can be anywhere from 45lbs to 60lbs and males cane be up to 65lbs. There's always going to be a husky that's on the small side (around high 30's) or the big side (65+). It just depends on the parents. Both of Luna's parents were around 60 - 65lbs. Medium breeds to large breeds are done growing when they are 2 years old so she still has more growing to do. As in height she may get a bit taller but not a whole lot. She will fill out though. Luna will be 9 months old on September 22nd and she weight 49.5lbs. So I know she will be probably about 55lbs - 60lbs when she is done growing at 2 years of age. Your husky is still a young pup and she will definitely fill out. Don't worry smile
[notify]
Roxy

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '12 6:46pm PST 
Rox will be 9 months old in 2 days. We have noticed over this past month alone that she has had a little growth spurt...or having one now at least. She seems a little longer and def taller. I haven't had her weighed yet, a few weeks ago she was 34 pounds. She is starting to get a little feisty now. Has not started heat just yet but I know it's coming soon. She is showing some interest in Warrior now...and he started licking her down there and following her but i haven't noticed blood and her area isn't red or anything. I don't leave them alone unsupervised. She is a lot more verbal now and has her "when momma comes home " routine down pat! Her attitude is crazy! She is sweet as hell but she has become a little possessive of her things, but does not get out of hand. Warrior tends to do things that he seems to know annoys..like right now he is pushing her buttons lol. Back to size, I noticed a difference when she is standing tall next to Warrior. She is also eating better now and not leaving her food untouched, I actually hd to add more food to her bowl this morning. =)
[notify]
Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '12 2:26am PST 
Yea I know what you mean. Luna will be 9 months in a day. She also has not yet started her heat. We have an intact male dachshund and he has not shown that type of "interest" in Luna. So I don't think she is even close yet. I check her every day just in case. She's always keeping herself clean in that area. So when i see her licking obsessively, I check her anyways. When Roxy does come in heat, put Roxy in a crate behind a closed door and same goes with warrior to prevent any unplanned breedings (when you are gone or can't supervise them). I've seen dogs mate through a wire crate so that is possible which is why you need to go above and beyond from preventing a breeding if your not planning one.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2