GO!

Are female sib puppies more enegetic than the males?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Maya --&- Ramses--

Mayaaaaaaa...don- t wander so- far....

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 12:09pm PST 
I was just wondering because I have two pups, a female-Maya and a male-Odin. We go for walks and we play...but I have started to notice Odin seems to tire quicker than Maya.

So, maybe I should somehow balance their energy. Like, for example, give Maya longer walks or play a bit more than I would Odin.
[notify]
Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Thu Nov 25, '10 6:41pm PST 
It's not a male/female thing, just a difference between individuals.

I agree, though - if one of your dogs has a higher exercise need, give her more exercise. Don't give up on your boy, though. He may just need to build his stamina. Is he younger than she is? Puppies, like human babies, sleep most of the time. He may just be taking more time to mature and come into his teenage crazies.

Since Ember is 3.5 yrs and Vance will be 9 in January, I have a HUGE difference in energy levels. Since they're both good at socializing, I often take them both to playdates. Vance runs around a bit, then hangs out with me while Ember plays almost the entire time. They both get what they need without feeling left out.

I do take Ember for longer walks, and I usually walk them separately. They can't tell the exact time of their walk, but they do know if I walk them both around the block, then drop Vance at home and go three more times with Ember. I have them both enrolled in activities, but while Ember is doing competitive agility and flyball, Vance is doing drill team obediance and low-level agility for fun.

There are times when they both have to deal with being left behind - which is important in it's own right - but I don't like to make it obvious that Ember is often getting more of my attention. That's my goal in most of what I do with them - Either make it Vance's choice to be done, as in the playgroups, or hide that I'm giving Ember way more. If Vance feels snubbed, he'll take it out on both of us and I don't want to make him feel bad anyway.
[notify]
Zoey and- Embry

Can I lick you,- pleeeease!?

Barked: Fri Dec 3, '10 6:23pm PST 
we just got a 4 month old husky girl smile she's so much energy it's insane! more then i ever remember embry being, she keeps him on his toes all day long!
[notify]

Odin- --Aug-Dec- 2010--

I'm too sexy to- do something as- unkool.

Barked: Sat Dec 4, '10 10:54am PST 
lol

I know! Odin, he act kool old day. He walks straight and moves slowly. He also seems to ponder his decisions cautiously.

Unlike Maya.

She jumps the bushes and its like..hey I jumped. She rushes after the cat and then its like...where am I?

*sighs*
[notify]