GO!

Am I a mix or purebred?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bailey Mae

Bailey Mae - I'm a Diva Dawg

Barked: Mon Nov 22, '10 9:04am PST 
Well, mom and dad got me from a lady off of an ad that stated my biological parents were full blood Huskies. Mom and dad didn't think to meet my bio-parents before taking me home. It's okay because they really don't care if I am a mix or not. And I don't care that much either cause I'm really really cute!!

But people have been taking notice of my tri-color markings. When I was 6 weeks old, I was mostly black and white with tan on my mask, ear tips, and back ankles. Now that I am older, tan is on my front elbows, behind my ears and neck, and bottom of my tail. I have ice blue eyes and a white undercoat that is growing in.

My mom Googled "tri-color" and "tan and black" Husky but isn't having a lot of luck with identification. Any info on breed and/or color identification would be great!
[notify]
Miko

Snow Dog of the- South

Barked: Mon Nov 22, '10 2:10pm PST 
A husky's color can change dramatically as they age from a pup to adult. My pup is 5 months old, and in the last 3 months has gone from silver & white to silver & white with tan on his ears and neck, and is now going black on his back while there are still traces of brown on his neck.
You will never know for sure if your husky is purebred, but you can't rule it out based on his color changing.
[notify]
Maya --&- Ramses--

Mayaaaaaaa...don- t wander so- far....

Barked: Mon Nov 22, '10 5:59pm PST 
Well, my sib is tri-color and it's supposed to be pure. She's considered "Wolf-Grey". Maybe your puppy's color doesnt contrast as much as mine... but I dont think tri-color makes them less pure. This puppy Im referring to is Maya.

Also, my other puppy was black and white...but once in a while, under the sun, the tips are a lil bit red. Sometimes I wonder if it's something in his fur...or maybe he's just dirty. This is Odin.

PD: My puppies aren't blood related. So...maybe one could have weird papers...but I highly doubt they both are.

Anyways, I dont care if they are 100% pure blood or not, they are beautiful and I love them!
[notify]

Bailey Mae

Barked: Mon Nov 22, '10 9:26pm PST 
Thank you for the replies. We just haven't seen this coloring in husky before. We don't care if she is 100% or not, just a curiosity.
[notify]
Ember FDX

Go Go Devil- Bunnies!

Barked: Mon Nov 22, '10 9:33pm PST 
Huskies can be tri-colored, but it is not common. It's hard to tell from the small baby pic on her profile... I'd have to see more pictures as she gets older.
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Mon Nov 22, '10 9:59pm PST 
She is really beautiful. I don't know about breeding, but she is a pure darling.
[notify]
Bailey Mae

Barked: Tue Nov 23, '10 7:02am PST 
Thanks Fritz. She is a total ham. smile But she is an old soul, too. Some days she seems like she's already grown.

Ember, you're right, it's hard to tell at this age. And we are even more suspicious because here hair is really slick right now. There is a bit of tufting at the back of the legs and neck but not like our last husky mix at this age. Seems she should have more tufting.

Again, don't care, but when people ask what she is I don't want to misled them.

I appreciate all the input guys!!
[notify]
Embry & Zoey

Selective- hearing? Psh I- just don't care

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 2:39am PST 
there are certainly tri color huskies, this site is great http://www.huskycolors.com/

and i'm on a forum, www.husky-owners.com and there's quite a few with AKC tri color sibes smile
[notify]
Bailey Mae

Barked: Fri Nov 26, '10 7:41pm PST 
Thank you, Embry. I sent a question to the husky color site and she is asking for more photos. I'll check out the other site, too.

I assume even though this is a Siberian Husky specific forum, mixes with husky are accepted, right? big grin
[notify]
Embry & Zoey

Selective- hearing? Psh I- just don't care

Barked: Fri Nov 26, '10 10:54pm PST 
yup there's tons of mixes on there smile
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2