GO!

Does your husky sleep in your bed?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Denver

All your hand- are belong to me

Barked: Sun Oct 25, '09 1:59am PST 
I've heard over and over not to let a husky sleep in your bed, as it will teach them that they are equals. But Denver would love to sleep in bed over his crate, and looks longingly at the bed. Does anyone here allow their husky to sleep in bed? Does it affect your training?
[notify]
Didge- 24/2/09 - 11/12/09

I'm NOT a boy!- :(

Barked: Sun Oct 25, '09 2:34am PST 
Kind of defeats the purpose of the crate if they're going to sleep on your bed. Trust me even at 9 months Didge takes up a lot of room everywhere. You probably don't want half your bed being taken up by a giant beast, as cute as they are. laugh out loud Plus the husky hair on my bed is unbearable, and shes not even allowed in the bedroom ! I can't imagine how hairy the bed would be if she slept in it
[notify]
Misty *RIP- Mommy's- Angel*

Is that food for- me???

Barked: Sun Oct 25, '09 7:00am PST 
Denver is still just a baby and very small, don't forget that in a year you will have a full grown bed hog! I don't personally think dogs sleeping on your bed will affect your training, but it might affect your quality of sleep. Our dogs are not crated and we leave our bedroom door open at night so they can come sleep on the bed if they choose, but they don't very often. They prefer their dog beds in the living room most nights, but if there is a thunderstorm or something they will come curl up at the end of the bed to feel safe. My boyfriend goes to work very early and I often find the dogs snoozing in his spot when I wake up.
[notify]

Gus(- siberianhusk- yforum.com )

Barked: Sun Oct 25, '09 9:21am PST 
My boy sleeps out on the couch. He never slept in bed with us as he never wanted to.
[notify]
Maya

aka garbage- disposal

Barked: Sun Oct 25, '09 10:26pm PST 
Maya isn't allowed on the bed. It wasn't so much the space or the quality of training as it's her digging in the backyard and then bringing all that sand into the bed. Her bed is next to my bed and it works for her as she has her own space and is still close to me.
[notify]
Willow

Willow the- magical dog !

Barked: Mon Oct 26, '09 1:38pm PST 
Because we work, our dog is kept in the crate during the day(I come home for lunch and walk/let her out). I would feel bad crated her at night as well. We have a dog bed in our room, and she sleeps on that, and we keep the door closed, so she doesn't wonder and get in trouble. It working out okay so far.
[notify]
Denver

All your hand- are belong to me

Barked: Mon Oct 26, '09 2:16pm PST 
Willow, that's what I was thinking about doing as well. I keep Denver crated while I'm at work, but come home for ~45 minutes for a walk midday. At what point did you start letting Willow sleep out of the crate? Denver hasn't had an accident in quite some time, but I might worry that he'd get up in the middle of the night and pee. I would definitely keep the bedroom door closed as well.
[notify]
Bandit

Barked: Mon Oct 26, '09 7:03pm PST 
I couldn't imagine not having my two snuggled up next to me. The few times I have gone out of town and got back before I could pick them up, I had the hardest time going to sleep without them. Yeah the hair is an issue but since the rest of the house is covered in it, what diffference does it make. They keep me warm in the winter too which is nice. It doesn't affect your training making them think they are equal. If anything they bond more because you let them in your space and are appreciative of you sharing. I don't let them up until I get comfortable but that about the extent of bedroom rules I have. Then again I have two huskies that are the exception to just about every husky stereotype and rule so it may not work for you, but I couldn't imagine life any other way than not having mine by my side every possible second.
[notify]
Sasha Belle

Bring Blue- Home!!

Barked: Mon Oct 26, '09 7:56pm PST 
Both me and my 2 girls take up a queen sized bed. Well they take up most of it, I get a small corner to curl up on. But I wouldn't have it any other way.
[notify]
Cooper

It's all about- playing!!

Barked: Tue Oct 27, '09 6:01am PST 
Ya'll are making me want to snuggle with Cooper & Summer!!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7