GO!

Mason...my little rescue :)

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sat Jan 14, '12 11:38am PST 
I was driving down the street a few weeks ago and saw a small dog walking down the middle of the street. I stopped my car, it wasn't a busy street, and got out. The poor little guy was missing quite a bit of hair, matted, and smelled terrible. I wrapped him up in my jacket and took him to the Humane Society. He was microchipped and I told the man at HS that if the owner didn't want the little guy then I did. I called everyday to check on him and on the third day I was told the owner didn't want him. (I will never understand that!) The next morning we went down and picked him up and took him directly to the groomers. They had to groom him almost down to the skin. A few days later I took him to the vet and found out that he has a thyroid problem and needs medication for the rest of his life. We also have to bathe him twice a week and give him antibiotics. The poor little guy was certainly neglected. Now he is home with us and is getting lots of love, attention, and care. He is 8 years old and absolutely precious! blue dog

I am thankful for the day that I drove down that street and found Mason smile
[notify]

Barked: Sat Jan 14, '12 11:39am PST 
I forgot to add that we also have a miniature schnauzer, Cody. He is 3 years old and a bundle of energy dog walk
[notify]