GO!

Food for my Tzu

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  
Loki

I'm a Loki Dog!

Barked: Sun Aug 9, '09 7:52am PST 
We've been going through a dog food transition recently. I had been on Science Diet Lamb. I learned I have atopic allergies but since my mom joined this forum, she learned alot about dog food (in general) and daily caloric intake. She found this extremely helpful thread -

http://www.dogster.com/forums/Food_and_Nutrition/thread/522883/ 33

We were able to do the math and since I only need about 302-375 calories per day - the better (and more costly) food is not as expensive as the sticker shock feels because I don't need very much of it - not as much as the bag says I need - thats for sure. We have taste tested quite a few dry dog foods (I eat dry only) and I really liked the EVO Red Meat - we still have a bag of Innovo to try out, but when we found out a 13 lb bag would last 2+ months, suddenly $37 wasn't that bad!

I highly recommend browsing the entire thread..you'll learn alot like my mom did! Sedona rocks! BOL!
[notify]
Charlotte- Mae

The Queen of- Everything

Barked: Sat Aug 15, '09 5:52pm PST 
My shih tzu loves science diet small bites.
[notify]
Cuddles

A little ball of- fun

Barked: Tue Sep 29, '09 8:40pm PST 
Cuddles has been doing very well eating Bil-Jac Challenge Pac Puppy Food as she had to be taken off the food she was first eating. She also supplements the food with Nutristat and dog vitamins soe she stays nice and healthy!
[notify]

Raven

May I have a- treat treat- please?

Barked: Tue Oct 6, '09 9:22pm PST 
Hi Mojo! I currently feed Raven Nature's Variety Instinct and Raw and Old Mother Hubbard canned varieties.
[notify]
Daisy

Tummy rub! My- soul for a tummy- rub!

Barked: Thu Feb 9, '12 7:06am PST 
I make Daisy's food in medium to large batches. I start with either oatmeal, brown rice, or whole-grain pasta, and mix in ground beef, pork, or chicken. Add two scrambled eggs, and a large jar of vegetable bay food. She especially likes sweet potato. Mix it all up, and store in small freezer containers.
[notify]
smoky

sweetie

Barked: Mon Feb 13, '12 8:33am PST 
My Smoky eats MAX dog food and my rubber flip flops.I wondered why his poop was black.I have since gotten rid of the flips .
[notify]
smoky

sweetie

Barked: Mon Feb 13, '12 8:35am PST 
My Smoky eats MAX dog food and my rubber flip flops.I wondered why his poop was black.I have since gotten rid of the flips .
[notify]
Wicket

Mom's little- Fluffer Muffin

Barked: Sat Feb 18, '12 11:52pm PST 
Wicket eats Taste of the Wild (we rotate the Pacific Stream and the Sierra Mountain flavors as those are the only two he'll touch). He loves it. He'll be a year old next month (can't believe it!) and we've never had an issue. We tried to switch once (to Earthborn Holistic) but he wasn't having ANY part of that food, BOL! I feed him dry and he loves it. He also gets Greenies once a day or a little bit of meat as a treat but mostly it's just his dry food.
[notify]
Tessa

Tessa loves to- play with Teddy- & Mader

Barked: Sat Apr 7, '12 2:26pm PST 
We use Blue and it seems to be really good.
[notify]
Mei Li (RIP)

Cuddle Monster

Barked: Sat Apr 14, '12 2:49am PST 
Mei Li is on prey model raw.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2