GO!

Paddington acting strange

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Paddington

Be tuff ! The- "dog days" of- summer can

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '07 8:54am PST 
I took him to be groomed last week on Tuesday and ever since he came home he has been acting abnormal. He wont go for walks which he loved doing before and he is very hyper and keeps jumping up wanting to be picked up constantly. He keeps jumping and biting at his tail and rearend as if something is there but i have checked and other than his hair being cut way way to short in butt he is fine. Right before we took him to the groomer he did get stung by a bee in the face so i think that might have something to do with him not wanting to go on walks but the other hyper behaviour i have no idea why hes doing it. Does anyone else have a hyper dog after its been groomed?snoopy
[notify]
BUD

This Bud's for- you!!!!!!!!

Barked: Wed Aug 8, '07 3:26am PST 
Hello paddington
Sorry to hear you seem very stressed since you have been at the groomer, we love our groomer and love going to her. Have you been to this groomer before? did they have a doggy there that scared you? our groomer says that sometimes an angry doggy scares the others.
Did the bee leave a sting in are you allergic? sorry all these questions but we spoke to our groomer and she asked these questions, we really hope you feel better soon
wavehug for you and lots of bones
oops zeke just said that maybe you are stressed having your back end so short he doesnt like his back end touched much and maybe because its short so short it is a bit sore? maybe the vet can check

love and licksthinkingthinking

Edited by author Wed Aug 8, '07 3:30am PST

[notify]
Harlee

LETS GO FOR A- RIDE

Barked: Wed Aug 8, '07 12:22pm PST 
Everytime my dog Harlee gets shaved he gets pretty depressed and doesnt act like himself at all. Just imagine if you got your hair shaved how would you act. Also when my dogs get sanitary cuts they keep biting back there maybe they shaved him too close and got razor burn. So he is just a little irritated.. Also I think maybe all the air hitting them there feels weird.
[notify]

Paddington

Be tuff ! The- "dog days" of- summer can

Barked: Sat Aug 11, '07 6:55pm PST 
Well 2 weeks has past now and It is starting to feel better i still walk a bit lopsided at times but i think you were all right and maybe she cut my hair a little too short on my butt as anything that touched it drove me crazy. I have started going for my walks again and i dont need to be picked up anymore like before. This was my first time at this particular groomer as I had a bad experience with the first groomer my mom took me to, which ended up in a vets office with terrible ear infections. So maybe i was just too stressed from the visit. I hope after awhile this will pass as she was a nice lady. Thank you for trying to help my mom.big grin
[notify]
ZEKE

Right Grid Ref- wrong- Planet!!!!!!

Barked: Sun Aug 12, '07 4:34am PST 
cheer
so glad you are starting to feel better, nothing worse than feeling down and sore, we hope you start enjoying your walks again, licks and hugs
tell your mom hi and she is a great momwave
[notify]
Minnie

Hug Me!! Hug- Me!!!

Barked: Tue Aug 14, '07 1:05pm PST 
I do a lot of that when Mom shaves me. I walk all kind of crooked and carry my tail kind of funny. I also become Mom's velcro dog for a few days. (I stick almost to her like I'm velcroed on.). I just feel so different after I am shaved. I get cold, and feel all naked. But it usually passes in a few days. None of the others seem to mind, just me.
[notify]