GO!

How much ?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Trixie

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 6:35am PST 
I put a cup of food in the dogs bowl and they nibble on it during the day, there is usually about a 1/4 cup left at night. They do get training treats during the day here and there.
[notify]
Molly Saran

Molly - the princess

Barked: Thu Jul 12, '07 10:14am PST 
Molly is a very picky eater, i have been trying to get her on a totally kibble diet for 3 years now .... Little Ceasars came out with a kibble a few months ago & she is crazy about it... she ripped a bag open to get into it...cheer

she eats a handfull twice a day & a few treats...
[notify]
Neesa

aka chunky- monkey

Barked: Fri Jul 13, '07 2:28am PST 
Her majesty has to be the most fussy dog ever. She started off on Nutro wheat free lamb and rice puppy formula (that was what she was eating when I got her), but didn't seem to really like it. After she refused to eat the next bag (and the recalls started) we moved away from the nutro. We tried several sample bags (wouldn't even touch the canidae), we finally settled on the ceasar's puppy formula. She got a little bit of wet mixed in as she was always trying to steal the older dogs food. We were mixing about a tablespoon of Merrick's wet into her food. Then, because I ran out of Merrick's and couldn't get to the pet food store, she got some of the ceasar's wet in her food. LOVED it!!!!!!!!!! Now the little monster doesn't really want the Merrick's (and I have 80 cans of it as a pet store was closing and I got it for 75 cents a can instead of 3.29 a can).

She usually eats half a package of ceasar's wet mixed in about a third of a cup dry. She has this in the morning and again at night. Now she is on the Merrick's dry and will gobble it up if it has the ceasar's wet in it, but pick's at it if it has the Merrick's wet. It could be that the Merrick's doesn't smell as strong as the cesar's but it is also higher in calories etc so she doesn't eat as much of it.

Who knows, she is also super fussy so it doesn't help. She usually eats about 2 thirds of a cup of dry and a couple of tablespoons of wet each day.
[notify]

Minnie

Not a fatty,- just floofy!

Barked: Sun Jul 15, '07 2:44pm PST 
I give the Mickey and Minnie about two cups of Royal Canin for Shih-tzu in the beginning of the day and they eat as much as they please. People tell me that my dogs will become overweight but they are both in good shape. The kids never finish the two cups so it works out for us.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2