GO!

How much ?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bella

COOKIES RULE

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '07 11:58am PST 
How much food do you eat in a day.I know different brand have different calories, etc.I was just curious.
[notify]
Riley

HEY...that's- MINE!

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '07 2:26pm PST 
Right now Riley eats the Royal Canin Puppy 33 formula. (I'm not crazy about it and doing research to switch). He eats about 3/4 cup a day. (1/4 cup, 3 times a day). Plus he gets a few Natural Balance treats per day and chopped carrots.
[notify]
Bella

COOKIES RULE

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '07 8:48am PST 
Bella's on Blue Buffalo but I'm a little paranoid since they recalled one run of their kitten kibble.She eats around 1/4 cup a day and gets 1-2 cookies broken into pieces.Everyone says that I'm starving her but she's down right pudgy .The vet wants her to lose around 2 -3 pounds! I think she doesn't need to lose more than a pound at the most.
[notify]

Riley

HEY...that's- MINE!

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '07 11:48am PST 
Yah, I'm nervous about this recall too. I'm currently looking into Natural Balance and Orijen.

Since Riley is still on puppy food, he eats more than an adult dog. There are times I think I should be feeding him more. BUT he is about the right weight for his age.

You are not starving Bella. A lot of people don't realize that a dog doesn't need tons and tons of food. People thought we were underfeeding our lab but if you look at him, he is pretty solid and could probably lose a pound or two.

If Bella is happy with the amount of food you are giving her then I think everythig is fine!
way to go
[notify]
Sugarpie

...: This is why- I'm hot :...

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '07 2:52pm PST 
I feed my dog 2 times a day, once in the morning and once at supper time. She eats the canned perscription Eukenuba (about 2 tablespoons) mixed with the dry small bite Eukenuba for small dogs. I mix it all together and she likes it. way to go
[notify]

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 5:25pm PST 
sugarpie how much kibble do you feed?
[notify]
Paddington

Be tuff ! The- "dog days" of- summer can

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 8:11am PST 
Paddington gets 3 cans of cesar each day and a few treats, he wouldn't eat the dry dog food at all so we chose the cesar and he loves it. It has just the right amount of food per little can. The vet said hes in perfect health and perfect weight for a 6 month old he is 12.5 pounds now.snoopy
[notify]
Sugarpie

...: This is why- I'm hot :...

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '07 11:48am PST 
Kibble, a hand full every feeding, 2 times a day.
[notify]
Harry

is it time to- eat?!

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '07 3:16pm PST 
harry is on canidae chicken & rice.

he had been on abady, but he was growing bored of his food (refusing to eat) and was a little too chubby for his frame. before i switched foods, he was 10.3 lbs.

based on his body structure, vet figured out what he believe are ideal calories per day and gave me a regimen.

he eats twice a day and each time he gets 1 tablespoon of kibble and half of a small can (the tunafish sized one).

he gobbles it up like he's starved. he's dropped down to 9.3 lbs, but he's actually still a wee bit on the roly-poly side. vet said he would like to see him between 8.5 and 9... we'll see. i don't mind a tiny bit of chub. i can't imagine feeding him less.
[notify]
♥Mayb- elle♥

~~~It's all- about me!~~~

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '07 4:30pm PST 
Maybelle gets 1 cup of food a day. 1/2 in the moring and 1/2 at night. Plus she gets a treat or 2 (sometimes) and a little TD a bed time.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2