GO!

Will Be Adding a Shiba! :D

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Zeppelin

Bounce!

Barked: Wed Dec 4, '13 8:08pm PST 
Hello all!

I've always wanted a Shiba Inu, I love the breed, but the time has never been right. Well, I met a breeder who is really amazing and super nice, has dogs showing all over the world, and only breeds one or two litters a year- and for her planned litter for next year, no one had put down a deposit yet!

So, that means that since I jumped at it first (a couple months ago now), I'll get the pick of the litter (aside from any that she wants to keep for show, of course). She's expecting the breeding to happen around April, which means I'll probably be bringing home a Shiba puppy around late summer (I might be wrong, I know little about doggie gestation times party ).

In the meantime, I'm doing lots of reading, and I have a long time to collect puppy supplies and prepare. Any advice for a new Shiba owner? I have small dogs, obviously, but I believe that introducing the Shiba as a puppy will go a long way toward making sure the integration goes well. smile I've done a lot of research into the breed, too.

It feels so far away! I can't wait, but at the same time, there's so much to do- and I've never had a puppy reserved before the litter is actually born, so I'm super excited about being able to watch from the very beginning!

Edited by author Wed Dec 4, '13 10:20pm PST

[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Wed Dec 11, '13 9:38am PST 
This blog is nice and fun to read up on shiba. smile

http://shibainus.ca/

If you have a shiba meet up in your area be sure to join it you can always come to meet the dogs in person I'm sure it would be fine. Most people love to show off their dog and give pointers and tips. I get stopped all the time when in the public.

Be sure to socialize the pup and puppy kindergarten is great for shiba.
[notify]
Tetsuya

I'm a snuggly- boy!

Barked: Mon Jan 20, '14 10:10pm PST 
Congrats on your shiba! Check out New Owner's Guide To Shiba Inu posted above. (A few posts before this one). Also, one of the forum members saved the thread since dogster is closing the site on March 3. If you want a copy message me with your email address and I can send it to you.
[notify]