GO!

Is my Saint Bernard underweight?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 8:07am PST 
Hello. My SB just turned one year on Oct 11th. Zeus seems skinny to me and I can feel some ribs under his skin. We weighed him last week and he was 138 lbs. This seems very light for a dog his size. He looks skinny in the hips and shoulders too.

He does get A TON of excersize though...chasing after our hyperactive GSD all day.

What do you guys think?
[notify]
Augustus

Barked: Fri Nov 2, '12 10:51am PST 
My vet told me that St Bernard can take 2-2.5 years to reach full size... so I wouldn't worry too much...
[notify]
Scooby

Mr. Troublemaker-

Barked: Mon Dec 16, '13 9:16am PST 
I thought my boy was underweight too, he turned 1, August 22, i got worried because he eats three times a day, plenty of exercise, but i can see his ribs a little bit, but the vet said he's perfectly healthy, & not to worry, he's still growing big grin
[notify]