GO!

Growling when disturbed

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Ozzy

Dog Park Rules- and so do face- kisses.

Barked: Fri Nov 20, '09 5:27pm PST 
I was wondering if anybody elses Rattie growls when sleeping and is disturbed. It seems when Ozzy is asleep and something bumps him he starts growling. Is this true Rattie or is it just Ozzy.
[notify]
Lilly

I'm a huge- dog...in a- little package

Barked: Tue Nov 24, '09 2:41pm PST 
Lilly will do this from time to time. She can get very guarded over her favorite chair. What we have started doing is using treats to wake her up, let her smell it then when she wakes up we give her a treat and it makes it a good experience.
[notify]
Luna

Luna Beast

Barked: Sat Dec 5, '09 8:47pm PST 
OMG! My rat terrier always growls at me when I move her when she's sleeping or touch her lol. Or if the other dogs jump up where she's sleeping she will snap at them and growl. But other than that she's the cutest thing EVER! :O)
[notify]

Luna

Luna Beast

Barked: Sat Dec 5, '09 8:49pm PST 
My rat terrier does this too! She growls when she's sleeping and is disturbed in any way lol.
[notify]
Miss Ally

Sassy Miss Ally

Barked: Tue Dec 8, '09 12:30pm PST 
Ally will be sound asleep under the covers and if the cat jumps on up the bed or on her she starts growling and grumbling. Sometimes she will come flying out from under the covers growling. The first time she did it scared me to death in the middle of the night, but now I'm used to it.
[notify]