GO!

Best Vacuum for Pug Hair?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

R.I.P.- Caesar H.I.- McDonough

'Foot Rubbies'- NOW Please.

Barked: Fri Dec 5, '08 7:41pm PST 
Does anyone have any suggestions on the best vacuum for pug hair? My current one doesn't do a great job with pug hair. I've read about the Dyson Animal, but hesitate to fork over $500+ for one.

Before I shave my cute beasties...
[notify]
Winnie

Kickin butt now,- takin names- later

Barked: Sat Dec 6, '08 9:52am PST 
You know, I bet just about any vacuum isn't going to be great with pug hair! Who knew these little buggers could shed so much! laugh out loud

Seriously though, we go through a vacuum every year. With 4 dogs, two pugs and two pug mixes, I have hair everywhere.

I don't know if I could shell out that kind of money for a vacuum, but if it takes care of the hair, well maybe!
[notify]
R.I.P.- Caesar H.I.- McDonough

'Foot Rubbies'- NOW Please.

Barked: Sun Dec 7, '08 8:30am PST 
I've heard the Dyson Animal does great things for pet hair, but we all know pug hair is "different" ( never comes out of anything...)
I haven't seen a review yet with a pug owner.

I did fork over $40 or so for the Furminator, and it does work miracles. Maybe I should be using that more often! Caesar and Louie love the rubbies and following treats.
[notify]

Winnie

Kickin butt now,- takin names- later

Barked: Sun Dec 7, '08 9:40am PST 
I have tried the Furminator and I will admit it didnt work well for me. I dont know if I am doing something wrong or what. Plus my dogs hate it! They run away from me!

You should see when I empty the vacuum catchy thingy. It is always full of hair. I would think my dogs would be bald with the amount of hair they lose!
[notify]
Leo

Wookie Wannabe!

Barked: Mon Dec 8, '08 9:08am PST 
I am a huge fan of the Dyson for Animal Hair!!!! I was also hesitant to spend that kind of money but it is worth every penny!

My last one was a Hoover Windtunnel and with two pugs it lasted about 2 years before the pug hair won. I've had my Dyson about a year now and considering I don't have to buy or clean filters or buy bags and it has yet to clog, it is actually saving me time and money!!

Dyson rules!!blue dog
[notify]
Sofia

Little monkey

Barked: Wed Feb 4, '09 6:08am PST 
We didnt want to spend the money for the Dyson either but we had tried so many other brands with dismal results, we just didnt have any options left. The Dyson was the best money I've spent in long time. It is positively disgusting how much dirt/debris you'll pull out of the carpet with the Dyson. We vacuumed just before we bought the Dyson and then tested the Dyson out. It was like we hadnt vacuumed ever (even though it looked clean to the eye). Something else you'll notice with the Dyson is that you wont get that "vacuum odor" when using it. We've had ours about 4 or 5 years now; it isnt working as well as it did, guess it's time to go buy another. Oh, we have the regular yellow version (didnt like the ugly purple color smile ).
[notify]