GO!

Grooming Pugs

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Odis V

Barked: Wed Apr 23, '08 2:10pm PST 
Do you shave your pug during the summer?
My owners husband shaved me last summer and loved it, just wondering if there is anybody eles
[notify]
Fig Newton

I am a Princess!

Barked: Thu Apr 24, '08 8:40pm PST 
Do you mean shave all my hair off??? Or just get it cut shorter? My hair is not too long anyway, I don't think I would like to be naked!
[notify]
Trooper_Adop- ted!!!

FIND MY- GOOSE!!!!!!

Barked: Wed May 14, '08 10:36pm PST 
I wouldn't shave a pug. Their hair is not really long enough to need shaving. I can't imagine it would feel good either!shock
[notify]

Jettson- DuPaw

If it's in my- mouth it's- MINE!!!!

Barked: Mon Jun 2, '08 9:13pm PST 
Jett has allergies this time of year he really seems to suffer, he gets a shot
every 4 to 6 weeks. My mother was talking to her neighbor who also has a pug, she was also getting shots for allergies. Last summer they shaved her they think it really helped. She only had 1 shot all summer long she. I'm going to talk to my vet about it.
[notify]
Lila

Barked: Tue Sep 9, '08 6:38pm PST 
I would worry about sunburn...I have never shaved my pugs at all and have never entertained the thought...but they don't have allergies. If they did, I might consider it. I'm sure it makes them feel loads better...
[notify]
Mayco

A little dumb,- but a lotta- cute!

Barked: Sat Nov 22, '08 9:44am PST 
We started shaving our little boy when he was 4mo old. We knew when we decided on a pug that they would shed a lot, so we wondered about shaving their hair short. He loves it! He doesn't like having it done, but one we finish he prances around the house just as excited as he can be. It works good in the summer time because it's cooler on him, but I agree that if your dog spends a lot of time outside that you should consider sunscreen. Dogs can get sunburn just like humans. Also, if you shave your dog please make sure they are on heartworm treatment because they will no longer have their think coat to protect them from the insect bites. But I love shaving Mayco, he likes it afterwards and he looks so cute!
[notify]