GO!

Err... Some people *Vent*

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Pugsley

I Might Be Small- But I Have It- All!

Barked: Fri May 18, '07 11:42pm PST 
Today we took a long walk to petsmart (its a 2 mile walk there and 2 miles back). Pugsley can not walk the whole way and it was a semi-hot day, so i took along his stroller. A little over half way there he was getting tired so i put him into his stroller.

Well, when I got into the store he was still in his stroller, I went to stand in line to pay when this man in front of me with kids came up to me... First, the boys were hitting at Pugsley stroller and trying to poke Buddy. Then the guy started to tell me "That dog aint spoiled is he?" (in a rude way) I laughed it off and told him that he can't walk long periods because of his breed. He then told me "Are you sure its not because he DOESNT want to walk" My mouth dropped and i started to tell him about there breed and there short faces and how Pugsley actually LOVES to walk but can't.. he then told me he knows all about dogs and i'm just raising a spoiled "little dog" who will nip kids like his and pointed down to Pugsley (He was barking at the kids) i told him to mind his own business and he does not know my dog and i proceeded to buy my things and leave.

He made me so angry! He had the nerve to try and tell me about my dog when his kids are running wild around the store poking at dogs he does not know!

I really hate when someone wants to judge someone right off the bat without thinking of other reason on why he has a stroller... The worst was that i was actually explaining to him why but he thought he knew it all! I wish people weren't so fast to judge someone!!

Has anything like this ever happened to any of you?

Err, thanks for the vent!

-Pugsley's mom

Edited by author Fri May 18, '07 11:45pm PST

[notify]
Lily

More food with- my *whine*- please

Barked: Sat May 19, '07 6:41am PST 
Sounds like a frustrating situation, but try not to take it personally. This guy obviously never owned a Pug before....(thank goodness for Pugs)....and he doesn't seem to be doing such a wonderful job looking after his own human children if he allows them to tease or poke at unfamiliar dogs....so he's no authority on common sense.

I know what you mean about Pugs being an eager ball of energy one minute, but then suddenly all wiped out the next. I've seen young Pugs on walks just flop on the ground when they've reached their limit...and as you pointed out, they are not an athletic breed that can be over-exercised because of their respiratory issues. I might also add, they can be amazingly stubborn and strong.... you can't push a Pug.... confused

No need to feel bad about ignorant remarks when you were just being a responsible dog owner by considering what's best for Pugsley..... way to go

Edited by author Sat May 19, '07 6:42am PST

[notify]
Fig Newton

I am a Princess!

Barked: Sun May 20, '07 8:13am PST 
We have a stroller too, I bought it for the same reasons you have one. I usually just get looks, but sometimes I get the idiots who actually feel the need to comment on my choices. I read this in a forum somewhere and I do it all the time now! Say (in a loud voice) "Dog, did you say dog? Are you calling my baby a dog??? I have never been so offended in my life!" People just leave me alone because they think I'm nuts (maybe I am, oh well!).
[notify]

Lo-D

im the the king- of the house

Barked: Sun Jun 3, '07 8:01pm PST 
First of all i want to say this guy more than likely doesnt know a thing about pugs , they are a special breed. Even if you are spoiling your dog who cares?!? I have pug and I know he is spoiled, and i am not afraid to admit it . Pugs are the best breed in the world and they deserved to be spoiled!
[notify]
Lucas

Lucas

Barked: Wed Jun 6, '07 8:41am PST 
:: Points and makes mommie write:: yeah who does this man think he is letting his spoiled brats harrass your baby? And his words to you are ignorant.

Maybe he and his "pups" should be banned from Pet Smart huh ?
::Gives a disgusted look :: Or maybe they were there buying fish?
[notify]
Fudge

The Puggy Mug- Next Door!

Barked: Thu Jun 14, '07 10:15am PST 
*Mouths Drops*

Obviously, that guy knows nothing about dogs. Spreading his mouth like he knows everything! *disgusted look*. If he knew anything about dogs, he would know that not all dogs are the same. Pugs are different because of their flat noses, and deserve to be spoiled! And I definitely hate it when little kids try to poke at my dog! Fudge would more than happy to start barking at those kids. I also plan to get a stroller for Fudge because my parents run a festival outdoors every year that takes a whole weekend, and Fudge can't stay in the heat for too long. Oh, by the way pugsley, what kind of stroller do you have??? Just wondering because I want to get a quality stroller than are durable. way to go

PUGS RULE THE EARTH!
Fudge wave
[notify]
Jazzmyne

Instigator!

Barked: Sat Jun 16, '07 7:20pm PST 
I totally understand. We are having to constantly "aware" people why after running in 90 degree weather after 20 minutes I pick Jazz up and make her catch her breath. I don't want my beloved to have a stroke nor over heat herself. GRRRRRR

I also got really mad at christmas time. Jazz and I were at the dog park seeing "santa paws" and this groomer lady tells me right away that I should get my money back for my pug b/c she is not a pure bread even though she has papers and her breed is impure due to her "long leggedness". EXCUSE ME. My dog to me is my daughter and you talk about her I'm going to take anyone down smile Jazzy's leggs arent any longer than any other pugs and if they are then she won't be having all of the back problems. I was so mad with this "VENDOR" I looked at her and told her that her daughter should get a gastric bypas before she kills herself over eating. (little did I know she actually qualifies for one) I felt bad but only for a minute. I think I got even. and I STILL LOVE MY PUG! and have a certain disregard for STUPID PEOPLE smilecheer
[notify]
Pugsley

I Might Be Small- But I Have It- All!

Barked: Mon Jun 18, '07 3:48pm PST 
Thanks for the support everyone hug
[notify]
Fig Newton

I am a Princess!

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '07 7:01pm PST 
Hi Fudge! We have the PetGear AT3 and love it! It has 3 wheels so it is perfect for power walking and jogging and does well at flea markets in the dirt. We have also been eyeing the new Jeep pet stroller--thinking this may be a purchase we need to make! Fig preferred a stroller that was a bit higher off the ground (closer to me) and one where she can see me. The AT3 rides like a cadillac! Good luck stroller shopping!
[notify]
Granpa

lazy gordo;- gordito- lindo;good ol'- granp

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '07 5:41pm PST 
only pug owners know that pugs cannot walk long periods of time, especially if it is hot. who cares what that guy thinks? Your pug loves you and that is all that matters. puppy
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2